What do you call this?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by spuppala, Jul 14, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

We were having a coffee break on a bright day of June.I usually get relaxed in tea breaks by chit chating with one of my pals though i don't take tea.Discussions ranging from childhood to politics evolve and we enjoy it much.That day he was telling about his vacation which he had the last before week.He went to his cousin's marriage somewhere near Cuddapa in Andhra Pradesh.And an instance which he narrated pinned my heart very deep and i could not even sleep normally for a week.Still that haunts me and make me upset to the worst.They had a procession before marriage which they do it by offering so many gift to God praying that everything should go smooth and the couple be happy for ever.and you know what are the gifts they offered to God for that??Exactly 30 goat/sheep and 5 buffaloes!!!!
    I have noticed a slight jerk in my nerves hearing this.All my senses stopped working for a while and i was thrown out of this world for a second!I know of people who kill animals for eating them and i really don't argue anything as it is considered as a food pyramid and which is something unstoppable.But what do anyone get by taking out the flesh of those dumb animals and how they relate it to the happiness of a couple.I strongly feel that if there is good understanding and adjusting nature b/w couples then those qualities may help in keeping them happy,but what is it to do with killing living beings?Is it their fate or our future fate?May be one day we may also become prey to such silly superstitions ..who knows...

My mind started to imagine the whole pain that any of the buffaloes would have undergone before a weapon cuts down its head..and for NO REASON :bang

4 people like this.

2. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello spuppala,

These acts are really very saddening. I dont know when we humans will change and realise that animals are same like us - feel pain and love the same way we do. I dont believe that its ok to kill animals even to eat. I'm a born non-Vegetarian. But now, after knowing the truth - is a Vegan - no animal product in my food, clothes and no animal tested products. I'm just telling this, so that many will know that its easy to be Vegan. I feel you are very sensitive to animals' pain, so want to share a video 'Glass Walls' | PETA.org Please watch the video.

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Custard,

Yes it is the duty of each and every citizen to create awareness among the people who believe in these kind of superstitions.The couple is really well educated and at least they could raise their voice for this cruel act.When it comes to eating i don't want to hurt the feelings of any Non-Veg people here but killing in the name of good marriage is really meaningless!

I appreciate you turning out to be a Pure Veg and not using any animal products whole heartily..and Congrats for the good deed!

I just now watched the video it is very touching..Something is tickling inside...

1 person likes this.
  4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello spuppala,

Yes, its very painful when educated people believe in such superstitious acts. Probably we need to bring in Humane education in schools from very young age! Thanks for watching the video.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Good post, hope everyone realises how painful it will be to killanimals

1 person likes this.
  6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the liking this post Viji Ma,
    Thanks a lot for raising your voice against this merciless killing !:bowdown

7. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi sp,
    Horrified and shocked to read all about the distressing practise of animal sacrifice.I can imagine how much it affected you especially as you knew the people concerned.As you said, it is truly despicable as the bridal couple were educated enough to protest this barbaric act in the name of religion.
    We are all aware that animal sacrifice in the name of religion has existed in all cultures ranging from the Greeks, Romans and Islam and Hinduism and amongst the Chinese and several others in the Far East.
    Despite man's tremendous progress in all spheres including conquest of outer space and landing on the moon thanks to scientific advancement, all the superstitions still reign supreme in various strata of society in every nook and corner of the world that we inhabhit.It is upto us individuals to spread awareness of the sad plight of the poor defenceless animals who are slaughtered to appease the Gods as they believe to ward of evil.
    The irony of it really amazes me .....How can the Gods be happy to see the humans killing animals ....both are Divine creations and what right does man have to kill a creation of God to please God !! We claim we are all God's children....by the same comparison ....in a family if one child kills another child...his own brother or sister to please the parents , will that tantamount to pleasing the parents who created that child who was sacrificed ??
    One can go on and on screaming oneself hoarse, but unless the educated amonst us raise our voices it will never stop .To this end the bridal couple failed in their duty to protect the poor animals ....if they had protested and made the rest of the uneducated ones see reason, this could have been avoided.
    You have titled your post "What do you call this?"....my answer " Cold blooded murder by the educated heartless."

2 people like this.
  8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Custard,
    Just saw the heartrending scenes of the video 'Glass Walls'..........I could barely see it with my eyes getting filled up ever so often.The pain and suffering of the dumb ones should make all who see it immediadiately switch over to vegetarianism ....I've been one for several years now..Thanks for the link .Wonderful that many celebreties in the West are vegans.:cheers

1 person likes this.
  9. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha mam,

I never knew this before - you are a Vegetarian!!! I'm so very happy to know this! :)

10. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi custard,

Really my heart cried about the fact that the couple did not raise their voice to such an cruel act.What is the use of their education,high paid job if they fail to educate their elders ..No words to express...

1 person likes this.