relocating with your pets

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by agnath, May 1, 2011.

1. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

hi friends,
    i have a five year cocker spaniel (lola) member in my family. We are presently in pune,and will be relocating to abudhabi for a longer period of time. I want to take lola with me, please can anyone advise how to go about it. I have contacted some pet relocators but could not find a good one.

geetanjali

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Its great that you are taking your pet with you to Abu Dhabi .
    Your pet needs a visa , papers , and other clearances . Certain shots are also required .Your Vet will guide you better in this regard .
    Get a plastic cage meant for pets from a pet shop , the pet is weighed along with the cage and the owner has to pay the charges.
    Also talk to the airlines you will be taking about pets and their rules regarding them.

3. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

thanks for that quick update, do we have some agencies who can handle all these formalities, or any pet relocator ?

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

There are no pet relocators as such to my knowledge.
    Why not Google and find out how pets are taken abroad from here ?
    You can also find out from the agency , airlines handling your own tickets etc. and your Vet.
    Its not only about transporting but also allowing your pet to stay in their country hence the visa clearance from the new country. Some paperwork will be required .
    The pet will be travelling with you in the same plane in the cargo section so the airlines should be able to guide you , just call and ask .
    Lots of people take their pets abroad , just need all the papers .

5. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

found a wonderful pet relocator, actually there is a lot of preperation required before we take our pet with us to UAE, the pet locator is from Mumbai, they are arranging for all the travel documents, pet handling after reaching dubai, the tickets, vaccinations, blood sampling, pet carriage, our ticket bookings along with the pet. the pet registration etc. I am fixing a meeting with them. hope all is going to be fine, and we can travel with lola.
    I will be posting all the details for the benefit of all the members who want to travel with their pets.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  6. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Geetanjali,

Nice to know you have found a good relocator to help you.

Once you have reached AbuDhabi, please do let us know what were the formatlities for this so that it will be an eye opener for many like you who would like to take their pet with them

We come across so many who give away their pets for adoption because they are relocating and this will help them a lot

Regards
    Uma:)

7. agnath

agnath Silver IL'ite

yes Uma, I am really happy, we are planning to fly by end of June, so enough time on hand for all the formalities. i will be posting the details of the pet relocator also, I believe they handling relocation all over the world, so it would be reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllly nice. I will visit them by 10th of this month (they are in mumbai),. I'll keep you all posted the progress.