Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Cute!! They say a picture speaks a thousand words.. and this pic certainly does. You have captured their traits perfectly: R being lazy and J being playful.

1 person likes this.
  2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi deeps,

Glad you liked the pic of our two brats.Summer has set in here in Chennai and R is really feeling it strongly.He hates to stir out of the bedroom where the AC is on . J is game for running out even at midnight! He had his 3rd birthday yesterday .We gave him vanilla icecream as a special treat....thats his all time favourite
    What news of SPIRIT? Has he adjusted to the Prison routine or calling quits?
    BTW, your new avtar pic is cute ....are you slowly switching loyalties from our dear CANINES to the BIg FELINES?? LOL
    I loved the pic you had of SPENCE earlier.You have a lovely picture collection of all the lucky doggies you cared for .Wish I were somewhere close there ...would have visited to see them!

1 person likes this.
  3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Happy Birthday to Julius!! Please give him my wishes and a bit more ice cream from me :)

Spirit is getting quite a good name at the prison. His handlers love him because he greets them so enthusiatically - he really does that, he is a whole-butt-wiggler not just a tail-wagger. :rotfl And they said that he has become better at obeying commands. (They post a paragraph every week about each dog in the program)

I was trying to foster another dog meanwhile.. I was supposed to get a female yesterday directly from an owner who must give her up due to her son's allergies. But the lady is understandably heart broken and very hesitant and so we are going to wait until she feels comfortable. I am not sure how it will turn out.

I was attracted to my avtar pic because it seemed like the cub was making puppy eyes.. :)

Spence is so cute.. I miss him.. I don't think I posted the below pic before.. he was running towards me in the park.. Sweet, silly Spence..
    602537_3753613951840_94945508_n.jpg

3 people like this.
  4. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Deeps, Spirit is so cute.............

1 person likes this.
  5. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Well said Ma'am. He is like my younger brother.

1 person likes this.
  6. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

A very nice thread but some how slipped my eyes all these days or might be i was not so keen of bringing a pet home:hide:.

My son s very adamant in bringing a pet one. I too love pets but my DH hates them but he has no option now as its his son's demand and he cannot refuse. We are shifiting to hyd in a month or two and planning to bring home a lab as that's my son's choice of breed.

We actually adopted one from blue cross two months back but the day he came home ( my son named him Rockie) he became sick and after two days of treatment we left him back with a heavy heart as we stay in a little remote place and was not sure if we could take care good care of him as we cannot have vet on call here( a very wrong decision taken to adopt a pet at that time without thinking of pros and cons and just bcos my son pestered). The guilt feeling of doing so.....

So this time we planned to go for a good breed and any suggestion on where can we adopt a pup in Hyderabad and which breed should we go for ( we have a 2 bhk apt). I am little worried if we can really do justice to the pet. Inputs and suggestions welcomed. Sorry for the long post.

1 person likes this.
  7. Paulina

Hi deeps,
    Thats a lovely pic of Spence in action! Love his expression so full of love and expectation of your hugs and ofcourse the gorgeous curls are superb.
    I can guess how much you are missing him.
    Great to know that Spirit has adapted well .Honetly,I did not think prison and rules will be OK with him, from all that you described about him.Thought he would be back with you soon .He disproved it! Good for his future anyway...he'll get tamed to fit into a home with kids perhaps.
    You had another beautiful avtar pic of KK ...actually I was referring to that one.I got the name wrong...thought he was Spence. All of them are so wonderful and you are very fortunate to have them with you.
    Keep posting updates and pics often....all of us look forward to them.

1 person likes this.
  8. Paulina

Hi Priya,
    Welcome to the Club! Good to read about your son's keen interest in getting a pup.You are very right about access to a good Vet .
    Since you mentioned about space constraints it is better to go in for a smaller breed.Labs are large breeds and you may face problems.They need space and have to be exercised well .Smaller breeds will be Ok with just a little outing once or twice a day .If you have balcony area where they can run around a play with your son that will sufficeA daschund, pug,pomeranian or Basset hound will be easier to manage.I really do not know about Hyderabad facilities and maybe the Net might help if you do some research.Maybe you can try the Blue Cross there too.Please log in to www.bluecrosshyd.in
    You might get an adult abandoned dog then rearing that will be easier.
    All the best to get a nice little pet doggie for your sonny boy!

9. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Thanks Paulina for the reply. The one we got first was from blue cross only. There they do not have breeds. Since the first exp with the pup was not so good with blue cross and also that my son wants a breed we are looking for options. Thanks for your suggestions on the breeds will take that into consideration and look for one. Thx.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Tiny3335a.gif

My wonder boy TINY. He is my best friend, my soul mate and my world. Love him so so much.

6 people like this.