Email Account Hacked?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by soulful, Nov 24, 2015.

1. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Hello All, I am not sure where to ask this question hence writing it here.

When I joined Indusladies, I created a gmail account only for this purpose. Needless to say, I never operated it much and don't even remember the last time I used it. I do know the user id and the password. So Today, I was trying to log in and it said you are logging in from an unknown area and asked for a telephone number and it said the number is somwhere in Afghanistan! I tried answering some of the questions it asked, but since i did not use it much and did not have answers to those, it does not allow me to log in. I am a little worried now and don't know what i should do. Am no where close to being a techie, so lost!

Please help! Thanks.. Appreciate it

2. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

If you are logging after 90 days, google will check authenticity of the account holder. Either you can answer the questions or contact no# confirmation. If you have given alternate mail id, you can check that as well. You get notifications if some one changed password ...These are common and you dont need to worry about it.

Once you login to your account, check that if some one had kept auto forwards into your gmail account.

1 person likes this.
  3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Check forget password .. n then check with alternate Email ID.

1 person likes this.
  4. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Hino and Sonal - sorry abotu the delay in responding. Did not log in for a long time.

I am just happy to know that it is normal for accounts to be locked if not used regularly. Just seeing that it was asking for a Afghanistan number scared the h3ll out of me .. you know that region is not exactly um..friendly!

Thanks again :)