Got the Win10 upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tashidelek2002, Aug 2, 2015.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Saturday I downloaded the new Win10 upgrade (RIP 8.1 I won't miss you). The first download took about 40 mins (my wireless running at 8 meg). Here I messed up as the install has a window that I didn't notice on the toolbar and I thought the process had stalled out. So I downloaded again and the download failed for some reason halfway through. I had lunch. Came back and redownloaded and this took HOURS (servers busy at Microsoft?). The file size is 2,7?? Mb. Correctly installed the upgrade which took a 1.5-2 hours. At the setup they ask all sorts of permissions for tracking that I didn't agree to. Cortana will not work unless you allow Microsoft to track your whole life. Used all evening last night and then this morning. So far the only thing that is not working (hopefully yet) is my facial recognition security at sign in. Rest of my programs are working (and working well). All in all this has been the best upgrade I have had since the advent of Windows. I am so sick of upgrades at this point I think I would prefer a caning in Singapore to another problematic upgrade but this one was smooth. Also the new Edge and the layout of Win10 are smooth, intuitive and straightforward. We'll see if I feel the same in a couple weeks but so far I am happy.

1 person likes this.