Anyone bought Dell Laptop online in India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by deepshikha, Jun 23, 2011.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hi, can we buy dell laptops online directly from dell India site ? Has anyone done that?

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

HI,
    My brother has bought Dell laptop, which he ordererd from dell website,
    thru a frnd, who is working for Dell in India.

Suneeta.

3. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Suneeta I have a relative who is in college and needs to buy a high-end laptop. How was your brother's experience getting it online? Were they prompt in customer service? Did it arrive safe and did they insure it for damage while in transit? Can we pay by check or need a credit card?

I am just wondering how common is it to buy laptops online in India. Or is it better to go to a local dealer?

I am worried that getting it from a local dealer might not be good due to software piracy issues?

Thanks Suneeta for reply. Please give your inputs ladies who have experience buying laptops online in India.

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

One of my friend purchased a Dell laptop online in India. He said that Dell configuration is good but the warranty is very expensive. He got the laptop well packed and there was a follow up call from Dell enquiring about the delivery and the working of the product. Not sure of the insurance but there is a replacement warranty under which the laptop will be replaced if there are manufacturing defects in the laptop. He paid using a credit card.

In India, i think it is better to go to a dealer to know the look and feel of the laptop. Also, make sure you check out other brands before you finalize on Dell. There is not much difference in dealer and online price for Dell. Probably, you can get an accessory or two for a reduced price.

Regarding pirated software, if your relative purchases from a dealer, he can insist on the original software. Moreover, with latest version of Windows, software piracy isnt as easy as it used to be.

5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Deepshika,

I bought Dell laptop online. But I went to Croma in T.Nagar saw various models of Dell, then from there itself I booked it online. This was done by the sales personnel of Dell in the store. As I bought it on August 15th there was also an offer of free handsfree and two extra panels. Immediately they gave us a reference number and in two days order number. Then you can also track your order status online.

The delivery was also in a safe manner and it was well packed. Regarding insurance it is your option to go for 1 or 2 years together.

I heard that their customer support is also very good. Hope you would have bought by now, still I thought I shall post my experience.

Regards
    Manjukps

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi I have bought 3 DELL laptops on-line..Pls feel free to ask any doubts..