Orphanage Address in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Sarov13, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Sarov13

Sarov13 New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cindhsa%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.35pt 842.0pt; margin:36.7pt 70.55pt 70.55pt 70.55pt; mso-header-margin:.55in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Hi Friends,
    I am planning to spend my birthday in an orphanage. Can any one of you please tell me some orphanage address in Chennai?

2. Sarov13

Sarov13 New IL'ite

Please Reply for this forum.

3. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi friend

Nice thought... WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

U can try Uthavum karangal. do check it out in directory yellow pages or nearby ngo
    they will guide you.

Enjoy your day. do let me know about ur fd

Revathib

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi

My HEARTIEST BIRTHDAY WISHES to you

May GOD shower you with al his blessings

Very nice of you to celebrate your bithday in Orphanage , my Bow to you

You can see details about Orphanage in Tambaram as my attachment with my signature , kindly go through it

5. Nantham

Nantham Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sarov,

Very good thought and my advance birthday wishes to you.

You can go to the following places:

1.Sivanandham Gurukulam at Kattankulathur(Near SRM University)

2.Faith Home Orphanage at Porur(Near Porur Police station)

3.Udavum Karangal‎ -
    460., Nskngr,, Arumbakkam, Chennai, Tamilnadu 600106‎ - 044 26216321

4.GOOD LIFE CENTRE,
    12, Loganathan Street, (Near Vidya Theatre)
    Tambaram West,
    Chennai -600045.

Regards
    Nantham:thumbsup

6. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Any orphanage in/around W.mambalam. I will be in chennai mid of June, would like donate some money/good dress that I got from US. Drowning

7. jeya0110

jeya0110 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

One orphanage is there near Shollinganallur named HOPE foundation. There are 33 children who are HIV positive by birth and they are having very less sponsors. They accept both cash and as well if you give them any material or items. Cash is usually used in buying medicines which are quite costly. It doesnt prevent them from death but prolong their lives. As all of them are going to school they as well accept things like bags, books, uniforms and anything which could be useful for them. If you are interested more please let me know ill send you the details.

Regards,
    Jeya.

8. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Thank You Jeya for your info. I suspect I will be able to travel Shollinganallur, but def. will give try if time permits. I feel sorry for those kids. We should def. be thankful for what we have and no more complaints to God.

9. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

Hi, I have a suggestion here. First of all, i appreciate the idea of celebrating birthday in an orphanage. City orphanages somehow get money from somebody, there are so many people who thinks like you but think abt the orphanages in villages and towns, they really don't get enough money for everyday routine, when you are planning to celebrate any occassion in orphanages, please travel a bit away from cities and celebrate it in any town or village orphanage.

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I second Sasha..

moreover reputed service organizations like udavum karangal get NRI funds too..so don't only concentrate on them ..try serving which desperately need funds or helping hands..

Will get back with more details ..hearty B'day wishes dear..:cheers