Best neonatologist in Chennai.

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by cyrilbenedict, Oct 23, 2014.

1. cyrilbenedict

cyrilbenedict New IL'ite

Hi,

Our child is preterm (34 weeks and 2 days) and I am looking for best Neonatologist in Chennai. I am located in Tambaram. Can anyone help me in finding one. I could see Dr. C. Selvakumar MD., visiting Medicity hospital in Selaiyur. Waiting for your suggestions.

2. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

When my baby was preterm born (33 weeks 3 days), he was admitted in mehta hospital chetpet for 10 days and later on once photo therapy was done, he was discharged and told us to keep him warm always

If there is any issues, then please get admitted in the hospital otherwise you can give a warm environment at home itself.
    I will give few things which i did for my son.

1. A room which was having a electric stove where water was boiling for 8 hrs in intervals and few drops of eucalyptus drops.
    2. Wrap him in warmer and change sweaters cloves and socks.
    3. Didnt gave him any bath till he gained 3 kg weight. Till then only warm water - towel or cotton bath.
    4. Didnt allow much visitors to his room. If any (either me or my mom) used to use sterilize liquid (Sterilium liquid) before touching the baby.
    5. Rooms were kept clean and neat and bed spread changed regularly.
    6. Now at least most of them use diapers instead of cloth diapers

3. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Hi ..please check out this thread(Good paediatrician in and around Thambaram , Chrompet.)Hope this is helpful to you. Currently im consulting Dr. Kothandaraman visiting Deepam hospital,Thambaram. Also he has his clinic near Crist king school. If you want further info. reply me,Im residing in Selaiyur only.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  4. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

yes i have also once taken him to Dr. Kothandaraman in deepam hospital for fever and vomitting.

There is one more doctor near deepam hospital. Dr. Aravind. He has own clinic.
    morning time his wife see the kids and evening time he sees the kid. It is also near deepam hospital.