Packers and Movers in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by s0litarys0ul, Nov 18, 2012.

1. s0litarys0ul

s0litarys0ul New IL'ite

I tried searching the forum for a list of good packers and movers in Chennai. I am posting this thread because I wasn't able to find packers and movers info specific to Chennai and whatever I was able to find was from a few years back. It will really help if you can let me know good packers and movers in Chennai.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

We hired Aggarwal packers and movers in 2006. They are good at their work.. but damn costly .. In 2006 it costed us around 15th.

3. s0litarys0ul

s0litarys0ul New IL'ite

Thanks. My dad told me about Agarwal but he also said the same about cost and suggested that I look out for cheaper options since I will be shifting within the city. But if I am unable to find anyone I think I will settle with Agarwal.

Thanks again for the response.

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Within the city u can go for local one.. aggarwal's are better if out of city as things will be highly secured even if reaches lil late.. within the city it will reach same day so you dont have to worry for such security but you can ask local one and before fixing them you can ask them to show their packing amterial what they will use to pack all items like crockery. glass decorative nad non decorative items.. computers, refridgerator an other things and kitchen items.

5. s0litarys0ul

s0litarys0ul New IL'ite

I enquired with a couple of local packers and movers. They are asking anywhere between 6K - 9K but none of them say that they will pack the items. All they promise is some cardboard boxes to pack items. I think they will stuff as much items possible into each carton and seal it. And for items like fridge, tv, washing machine they said they will pack the items if we have the original cartons with us otherwise they will just transport them as such. I am worried that items like my couch will get damaged if transported without any packing. Probably I should cover them myself with some of mom's old saris.