treatment for chickenpox

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Sinto, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Sinto

Sinto New IL'ite

HI..
    . my mother is suffering from chickenpox for the past 7 days..
    and its getting worser & worser.. is there any hospital in chennai.. where i can admit her.. or wat should i do now.. any suggestions.. please

1 person likes this.

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Sinto,

U should immediately take your mother to the doctor(General physician would do). Normally when kids have chickenpox they say not to put tadka to the food we cook , no oily stuffs.
    Apply neem paste to the blisters...keep some neem leaves near the bed...(due antibacterial and antifungal nature)....

Just last week my LO had chickenpox and it was there for almost 11 days...Doctor had prescribed 3 kinds of syrups. one for fever,and other two for Pox..

1 person likes this.
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sinto...

Best is to consult any doctor ...basically as far as i have seen chickenpox would get fine in a weeks time except for the marks...
    does she have running temperature?
    is there too much itching?

I would just tell you what all things are recommended during chickenpox..in case this is not followed,please do the same
    (1) make her wear very light dress(nighty would be best,avoid inners) and the place where she sleeps should not be arranged with thick cloth,i mean the cloth under her can be light plain cotton...
    (2)make her eat sapota,fill rice with water(yesterday's) and give her this water alone the next day...these two would help a lot for relaxing the wounds in her throat...nothing hot should be given
    (3)dont allow many people inside the room,i mean visitors should be completly avoided...also all people at your place should not visit her often...especially if they have just returned from work basically outside,the have to completely clean themselves before entering the room..
    (4)dont apply any cream or ointments for itching or whatever may be...doctor consultation is very much important
    (5)keep neem leaves near her(this is wonderful)...also if the fever is better,give her a bath with water soacked in neem leaves...this can be given everyday once the fever has reduced'
    (6)If itching is too much,inform her never to rub them...brush midly with the neem leaves...it would be hard but nothing else should be done
    (7)usually they say not to splutter mustards when someone at home has chickenpox...

Dont forget to visit the doctor!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sinto

Sinto New IL'ite

Thank u.. Guys.. Definitely ll follow these instructions..
    And the Good news is.. she is getting better..

Really appreciate ur time & concern.. :cheers:

1 person likes this.
  5. stella_cb

stella_cb Junior IL'ite

Hi Sintu,

Hope your mother is getting better now. We experienced Chicken Pox episode in our house hold since last month. My 6 yr old daughter got it first. We immediately took her to the doctor and she was prescribed Acyclovir tablets(Anti Viral) and medicines to reduce itching. Acyclovir if given within the first 24 to 48 hrs will reduce the severity of the illness. My daughter got alright in a week's time. Then my 3 yr old son got it. Once he became alright, myself and my husband got infected. My husband is fine now. But I'm still at home waiting for the sores to dry off. It has been 15 days since my illness.

We all went to the doctor immediately and got prescribed the same anti viral in different doses based on the age group.

Chicken Pox is caused by Varicella virus and spreads through saliva and cough. Chicken Pox spreads during the first few days once the person starts getting rashes. So please isolate the person from others so that it doesn't spread in the household. It spreaded in our household as I couldn't isolate the kids from us. I also read in many articles that once you get the disease you'll never get it again. The body will become immune to the virus.

For me doctor prescribed Calamine lotion to be applied for cooling effect and also prescribed Avil for itching and paracetamol for fever. We all were asked to drink atleast 1.5 to 2 litres of liquid per day.

We had Tender Coconut, Buttermilk, Water Melon, Grapes and food without oil and spice (Bland foods). Above all good rest.

We used neem leaves to sooth the itching. Some friends suggested to apply Neem leaf and turmeric paste on the sores. We did that also. Hope all these helps.

Wish your mother good health and speedy recovery.

Thanks
    Stella

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  6. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi stella
    Im suffering from chicken pox right now and my face is covered in blisters..what can i do to make these marks fade away? What did you n hubby do?

Advice appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bhagawathy

Bhagawathy Bronze IL'ite

Hi!Caramelpetal,

My mother and brother just recovered from chicken pox a couple of weeks ago in chennai. The blisters dont scar unless you scratch it when they are drying. Use neem leaves to cool yourself and relieve from the itch so you dont scratch them.They were adviced to apply aloe cream by the dermatologist. Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated, may be lot of fruits/water/coconut water. Take care, you will be well in a couple of weeks.

Bhagawathy

2 people like this.
  8. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

thanks bhagawathy...neems leaves are impossible to fetch here..but i'll follow the rest of ur tips..tnx a ton!

2 people like this.