Promoting Indian Culture

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by vino92, Sep 25, 2014.

1. vino92

vino92 New IL'ite

HariH Om Everyone,

To introduce myself, I am Vinodhinee staying in Bedok South :) I take Carnatic Music classes in Singapore. I am just 3 months old here and have been teaching back in Chennai which is my home town.

I am a very proud Indian and have always wanted to create an India where ever I go. Singapore is just giving me opportunities.

I was also an active member of Chinmaya Mission and Arsha Vidya Gurukulam and have taken BalVihar classes in Chennai.

Now I also take sloka classes for kids and adults alike :) The slokas will be taught with right pronunciation and with meaning where needed. I am also qualified in Sanskrit :)

Do contact me. I am just letting you know - that I don't charge any fees by myself. Whatever the parents/ students give I accept. :) This was our traditional Indian practice and I stand by that . (In few cases, where I go home and take classes, I charge some fees since travel is required ) My only aim is to promote our culture (selfishly it's also punyam for me! )

Another contribution in the list of endless contribution of India to the world is the science of yoga. I have been learning yoga since I was 5, so it is obvious that I love it. Though this science is fast being picked up by the west, I don't want it to get diluted to something physical. I want to promote it the way it is and the way it was intended. So I also plan to start yoga classes for kids and adults alike.

Soon, if I get enough students I might start a integrated program for kids which combines music, yoga and slokas (Enough is around 10 kids and well, I am an ambitious person)

Do contact me if interested :)

HariH Om,
    Vinodhinee

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Great thoughts. All the best!