A Noble cause - Thinkpink Walk

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Sharjah' started by nriindian, Oct 24, 2010.

1. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hi Girls,

What do you think of this? Thinkpink walk is a marathon walk that happens every year in Qatar to create an awareness. I was thinking of participating and was hoping if any of you guys wouls be interested in the same. Its just an hour from 5 to 6 in the evening, coming friday.

But one problem is we have to register at villagio mall for the participation.

I just thought spending an hour for noble cause like this would be worth it.

Each Year Think Pink Qatar organize a walk which is dedicated to raise the awareness of Breast Cancer to all residents of Qatar. To use that awareness to aid in the prevention, early detection, and treatment of breast cancer. To act as a liaison providing resources and support to women throughout Qatar by connecting them with essential resources that will lead to proper medical treatment, support, and humanitarian services that will ensure each woman is treated with the utmost respect and dignity regardless of race, creed, nationality, or position.

"Man can get Breast Cancer TOO!" What an awakening for many of us that men too can get Breast Cancer. Think Pink Qatar call upon on men to stand alongside us and Fight in this WAR! Fighting Breast Cancer is everyone fight, together we will walk our way to a cure. This year Think Pink Qatar wishes to join the many organizations that have waged war against Breast Cancer as together we will make a difference.

If you are a male or female and want more information on Breast Cancer Facts for men or women, please contact us at contact@thinkpinkqatar.com or call the Qatar National Cancer Society at 4447-8128.

Registration
    Walk of Life Breast Cancer Walk
    October 29th Doha Cornich, 5pm
    Now begin held at Villiaggo Mall Information Desk
    Start Pont Islamic Museum and Ending at the Park alongside the Sheraton Hotel

For more information
    Please contact Think Pink Qatar at info@thinkpinkqatar.com

A WALK IS NOT JUST A WALK IT IS THE WAY TO SURVIVAL

Donations can be mailed in c/o Think Pink Qatar to the Qatar National Cancer Society SOCIETY PO Box 22944 Doha Qatar.

All fees and donations collected by Think Pink Qatar for the registration of the Walk of Life Breast Cancer Walk, will be donated to the Qatar National Cancer Society to support the joint efforts of the Qatar National Cancer Society and Think Pink Qatar in its fight against Breast Cancer and to raise the Awareness of Breast Cancer.

Breast Cancer Awareness can save lives and bringing that awareness not only to the State of Qatar but the world can decrease the number of people dying from Breast Cancer worldwide.

Let us stand together to combat Breast Cancer because it is a fight to be Won! Please contact Think Pink Qatar if you need support, if you have been recently diagnosed, or are going through breast cancer treatments.

If you are interested in volunteering your time, receiving information about Pink Think Qatar are just want to know what resources are available for Breast Cancer,please fill out the information form in their website and one of our volunteers will contact you shortly.

Please remember we are all in this together!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010

2. archanaavinash

archanaavinash New IL'ite

This is such a noble cause for sure :)
    I reallly wish i can participate..but its my niece's birthday & if i am not around at her party...she will be upset :(

3. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hi Archana,

THanks for the response

Lets see what other ladies has to say

4. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hey praseeda,

Have u registered. If not tell me if you are going so i can join u for registration or have to check with him.:hide:

5. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Sure priya, thanks a lot .i have not registered, i will find out from them id we can do it on thursday and we shall go on thursday and register. ok. or if before that also nan onne kutitu pore ok va. thanks a lot dear

6. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

7. chukku

chukku Senior IL'ite

hi
    i also like to join this let me ask my dh if he says ok i will also join this.
    Suganya

8. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hi Suganya

sure you are most welcome:):thumbsup

9. archanaavinash

archanaavinash New IL'ite

Hi..
    I have received an invite for this event on facebook. but the hours is 5 am to 11 am. now its a confusion if its in the morning or in the evening... kindly check praseeda & if you get the rite info please pass it on :)

Arch

10. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hey arch,

THe walk is in the evening from 5 to 6 and on the spot registration is at 4 pm. Anybody willing to join can do so. we will be infront of the museum at 3.50. Registration is for a fee and I am not sure how much it is. The fee goes as a donation to the trust

1.Praseeda
    2.Priya
    3.Chukku - suganya

others who wish to join are most welcome.