1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Best Indian Female OB/GYN in/around Avenel/Woodbridge, NJ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 13, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

I just got confirmed through blood test that am pregnant with my 2nd baby :) . I am looking for good Indian female OB/GYN in/around Avenel or Woodbridge or Edison area in NJ. Dr. Anita Chait was my OB/GYN but her office is very far in Rutherford area. But, we live in Avenel/Woodbridge area.

Please suggest the name of the doctor(s) and your experience.

Thanks in advance !

2. AnithaPartha

Hi Ladies,

After going through other OB/GYN threads, I've decided to go to Dr. Sreedevi Rama and also rating is as below:
    Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Please let me know anyone have any prior experience with this dr as this is my 1st time with her.

1 person likes this.
  3. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Sreedevi Rama was my ob/GYN back in 2011. She is very down to earth and caring dr. I had some complications with my pregnancy(was high risk with the possibility of preterm labor). She was very comforting as I was always scared with chance of preterm. I shared my experience with her in IL. You can read it in my old posts. I felt that she always prefer normal delivery and will try for that as much as possibles that is what I wanted. I should say She was nicer than nurses( I am not saying that nurses are bad; but indicating she is the sweetest person) in the delivery room. I had Gestational diabetics which added more risk to me with the existing complications. But she was very sure that I will have normal delivery with full term. I made to 40th week and had a normal delivery/ healthy baby on next day of my due date. No complications. She was with me through the entire delivery(last pushing face; mine was long). The issues I had is this 1) she preferred JFK hosp and I preferred St. Peter's. since most of her patients are in JFK, she said I may need to come to JFK for the delivery. If I go to St. Peter's she may not able to attend me. So if finally I went to JFK( I preferred St. Peter's for their neo natal unit) because I want her to be there with me. It worked out for me as I did not end up using neo natal services. She preferred dr. Rana for scanning and as a high risk ob/gyn. He was rough and scared me to death when I went for first time scanning citing the preterm. I wanted to switch to another high risk ob/gyn but dr Rama preferred him saying that he is accurate in his findings. But later visits, dr. Rana was ok, if not nice.Her office staff may not be nice when you call up for apptmt; typical Indian mentality. But I guess that u have to manage with any desi dr in Edison/woidbridge. In spite of all these,I would any day
    Prefer dr. RAma for delivery

4. AnithaPartha

SmileAlways,

My 1st visit with Dr.Rama went very well. But my experience with Dr. Rana was very worst (I don't have words to tell about that dr by seeing my scan).. Oh man, scared me a lot.. We then told the same to Dr. Rama but she was always supporting to Dr. Rana and she herself asked me to go for JFK scanning center but also commented saying wherever I go the results are going to be same like. We felt very bad with the way Dr. Rama told and these 2 dr's scare their patients like anything.. NO one can be as sweet as my 1st dr. Anita Chait who helped me with my 1st delivery.. BUt, unfortunately, I have to go to Hackensack medical center which is very far from my place now.

Am going to find out a different dr for sure... Dr. Rama scared us saying at hcg count 10k, heart beat should be there etc etc not knowing my history that I ovulated late and conceived late... anyways, my experience with her was bad.. and finally I went to my old dr to confirm my scan and all went good...

5. AnuDRaj

AnuDRaj New IL'ite

I am pregnant with my second baby.Can someone suggest a good Ob-Gyn near Edison/Woodbridge area.Need advice asap.

Thanks...