Maggam/Aari/Zardozi/Kundan workshops in and around Kukatpally, KPHB

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Hyderabad' started by Sushmavarala, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Hi,Could you please let me know good embroidery work shops in and around Kukatpally? If not in Kukatpally then in Hyderabad.I am actually looking for addresses where they do embroidery work on plain sarees or pattu sarees or on dress materials for kids like ghagra choli.I have posted the same query in Hobbies forum also because I thought I may get information. If it is not correct please excuse.Thanks in advance for the information.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008

2. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Re: Embroidery Work Shops in and around Kukatpally or in Hyderabad

Hi sushma,
    There is a classes called "JVL"(bhagyanagar) behind kphb bustop, even they have a their shop selling all embroidery - art things, actually they take art classes like embroidery, painting, tailoring, soft toys etc etc. I have seen couple of times they take order to do painting work on sarees but regarding embroidery I dont know but you can ask them. Other than that in koti Badichowdi area there are lot of tailors doing embroidery work .
    wishes,
    latha

3. kachapapad

kachapapad New IL'ite

In Vivekanandanagar near Kukatpally, one lady by name Shirisha does the embroidery works , sells sarees , dressmaterials etc. She lives at Anusha Apartments on 1st floor. Her shop name is Sakhi(it is not actual shop like setting but a flat).
    Her contact number is 23068208.
    Hope this info helps.

4. lalitha_krish

lalitha_krish New IL'ite

Hi Sushma,
    I know a place near KPHB busstand.Take the lane adjacent to K.S.Bakers,(Opp to R.S.Brothers).You'll find Bharath Matrimony office.Next to that,there is a boutique cum parlour where i've seen people doing beautiful embroidery work.You could enquire with them.

5. Sushmavarala

Thank you all for the info.

6. Sushmavarala

Can you please let me know if there are Maggam/Aari/Zardozi/Kundan workshops in and around Kukatpally, KPHB?I had earlier posted a similar query on embroidery assuming that they would be having these works too. But it is not so. So I am posting it again specifically.Thanks in advance

7. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Sushma,

You mean you did not find any of workshop mentioned above by Latha, kachapapad and Lalitha or looking out for some more..!

8. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Sushma, now i got what are you looking for..

As i had mentioned earlier in another thread, i can suggest you Swathi shop in Ram Kotti. I saw one of my neighbors had done there and its pretty good!

Check there once..

9. Sushmavarala

i enquired with a person(think owner) connected to JVL, who said they do not undertake maggam or kundan works. She said embroidery and maggam or kundan works are different.

10. Sushmavarala

I am trying to find such shops in and around Kukatpally only. The reason is because of these traffics, I am scared to venture out beyond Kukatpally. I have two sarees purchased 2 years back and they still lie untouched only for this reason to find a shop in Kukatpally only and most of the time the workshops need to be visited many times for the final product.Thank you for suggesting the Swathi shop in Ram Koti.