Useful tips to pass the road test in dubai..

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by maha, Aug 14, 2011.

1. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am going through the road test in dubai for my license..

Those who have already got their DL in dubai can share their experiences and tips so that it will be much useful for others, thus by being more cautious and thus saving time and money..I am sure most of the students in the driving school here r indians..For some it must have been a cake walk..for some it should have been like a pearl diving exp..those who have taken the pearl from the shell could be able to give us better tips, i guess..

From my exp., having failed 3 times already, I thought it would be useful to share some tips that i found from the internet for passing the road test..I followed these tips in my previous attempt, and did well in driving but failed due to parking ..I thought it to be a 90 deg. parking but it was a 60 deg parking..:spinit amy sound silly but i lost my mind that moment due to panic.. so i thought atleast if i share my exp. for others which was a lesson for me, i hope others will benefit..My other 2 tests i dont have anything to tell b'cos i got the same examiner for both and she was really partial to arabic students n hardly she gave me time to drive..dont think i am a racist..but i faced it myself and it is a real pain..anyways, here they are some points to remember (without losing ur mind, of course )! hope they will be useful.. all the best and pl. people pray for me that i get the license in my next attempt,and i should not lose my mind..:thumbsup

1.Drive confidently in a relaxed mood at a good speed. Examiners don’t like driving too slow.
    2.Always make use of indicators and mirrors while start maneuvering, turning, and approaching a road or intersection.
    3.Never change lane unless you are asked to do so. However, shift to low speed lane after taking a U-turn in fast lane from a roundabout.
    4.Never start changing your lane while making the ‘shoulder and mirrors’ check. Start moving after completing the check.
    5.Speed up your vehicle immediately (within speed limit) after changing lane from slow to fast one.
    6.When turning on a main road from secondary road at T-junction, wait until approach is safe and road is clear ahead.
    7.After entering the main road from T-junction or intersection, immediately speed up your vehicle to drive the vehicle at a good speed.
    8.On roundabouts, slow up your vehicle. After taking exit from the roundabout, immediately speed up your vehicle to drive the vehicle at a good speed.
    9.Never enter a roundabout unless you find no vehicle coming from your left side.
    10.Change the lane only when there is no fast vehicle coming in the desired lane. Ignore examiner’s order to do so if there is no safe way for doing so. He will appreciate your decision.
    11.Always park your car parallel to the road when asked to park by the examiner. Never park in front of any entrance, gate or side road. Use hazard lights if enough space is not available for opening the driving side doors.

love,
    maha

2. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maha,

Don't worry... you will get through next time..
    I think you are referring to the blog of sheddy73 which is really a useful one. Do read the comments also.

Don't be nervous when you drive, try to be cool. They are mainly testing how confident you are when you sit on the driver's seat.

Sometimes the examiner might be rude, try to ignore and just follow their instruction.

All the best for your next test..

Regards,
    Ansu

3. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

thanks ansu for your reply and suggestions..yes, they r from a blog that u said and good one to share also..
    u r right , they test if we r really confident to drive on our own after getting the license..i understood that this confidence comes from enough practise..

btw, do u have uae DL? if so, how was ur exp?..

love,
    maha

4. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi lLites,

why dont u share ur exp.? or give some general tips atleast one point from each person may turn out to be a great valuable advice..

do post and share please..

love,
    maha

5. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

yes... i do have a uae driving license and luckily got it in the first test itself.

I went to Al Ahili institute. My instructor was a Syrian and he was very good.
    The examiner was also a nice young arab lady. I was bit panic in the beginning, but somehow was able to hide it.:hide:..
    Overall i had good experience only.

Also parking test was not actually a part of the road test last year.

Even if you make silly mistakes, just ignore and continue driving as if nothing happened.

Also I heard many people gets through during Ramadan time(not sure about it)..

Are you taking the test at the same location where you did the classes?

Regards,
    Ansu:)

6. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi ansu,

I am going to the Emirates driving institute in qusais and yes i am taking the test at the same location..its gr8 that u got in ur 1st attempt..do u have ur indian license also?..
    In my case, though i have my Indian license, immediately after i got my license, i came here, so i dont really have any real road exp,. luck doesnt play a part in my life..any single step in my life, i have to succeed only with sheer hard work and perseverence...

so, please pray for me..

love,
    maha

7. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

No .... I don't have Indian driving license....

Don't worry. You will get through next time.. pray for you...
    Ask your instructor about the tips when you attend the test. He/She can surely help in that.

Regards,
    Ansu

8. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

thanks ansu..
    for ur concern..yes, i am asking my instructor during my classes..
    will keep u informed of my result..

take care,
    maha

9. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

hi ansu,

by god's grace i passed my road test today :thumbsup
    the licensing procedure was pretty quick and got my license within an hour...:bowdown
    more than happiness, its a sense of relief from all the frustrations..:hiya
    thanks for ur concern and prayers..

dear ilites,

if u want to some details or any help, i can definitely do..

love,
    maha

10. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

congrats Maha...... Enjoy driving....