Girls Colleges- Delhi University

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by sweetsanjam, Apr 15, 2010.

1. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

My own sister used to study in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Kamla</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Nehru</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">University</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Delhi</st1:placeName></st1:place>. It is located just beside <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Gargi</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType></st1:place> on <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Siri Fort Road</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:address>. The college is known for its Commerce and Arts faculty. It also offers a BA programme in Advt Sales Management. The college offers post graduate programmes in English , Hindi, History, Pol.Sc., Philosophy and Sanskrit.
    My sister has fond memories of the time spent in the Library and visiting nearby shopping complexes and South Ex with her batch of merry friends. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Ansal</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Plaza</st1:placeType></st1:place> hadn’t come up then.
    For more information about the courses available you can visit www.kamlanehrucollege.org Ph: 011 26494881

2. Isabel66

Isabel66 Junior IL'ite

I myself studied at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Gargi</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType></st1:place> and completed my B.A, (English) Hons degree from there. It is just next door to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Kamla</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Nehru</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType></st1:place> on the <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Siri Fort Road</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:address>.
    Interestingly, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Gargi</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType></st1:place> was among the two colleges selected by the University Grants Commission as a College with Potential for Excellence during 2004-05.
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Gargi</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType></st1:place> is a science college and offers B.Sc courses in Botany Science and Microbiology. Other interesting courses include Physical Education, Elementary Education and German.
    The College aims for all round development of its students and offers both NSS and NCC activities. It has also instituted the Gargi Path finder Award to reward the best student. For further details you may call the college at 011- 26494544 or visit the college website www.gargicollege.in

3. NitiSaini

NitiSaini Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sweet sanjam for starting this thread. My cousin wanted some info for DU admissions and I just guided her to this thread.