1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

East Indian plants for charity

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by curryleafman, Aug 10, 2012.

1. curryleafman

curryleafman New IL'ite

I am planning on growing various East Indian plants this winter to sell next year. My plan is to donate 100% of the money to a [TBD] charity in India.

I have grown curry leaf/tulsi plants this past year and people were very happy with the quality of them so I am going to try to expand the types/number for the coming year. If I am not satisfied with the quality of the plants then I will not offer them, and of course you can decide if you think they are worth it or not. I am not a professional or anything like that-I am doing this because I enjoy growing unusual plants and I enjoy the appreciation I get from people when I bring them a memory from their home country. Also my wife is an east indian national.

Proposed plants and prices:
    Curry leaf - 5
    Drumstick - 3 Note: This is hard to grow reliably and it is kind of tender.
    Tulsi (Holy Basil) - 2 Note: If you have a special pot(not too huge) you want it grown in I will grow it directly in the pot and give you the pot back in ~6 weeks for $3
    Parijat(nyctanthes arbor-tristis) - 10 Note: I have just started this one, but it needs to be grown in a pot. Price will depend on how well I can grown it.
    Jasminum Tortuosum -8 Note: This is used in Pudja and it grows well outside.
    Crossandra infundibuliformis Firecracker Plant $2

If you would like to be notified when the plants are available you can drop me a mail and I will let you know. Also, if there is any plant you are interested in let me know and I will see if I can add it if there is enough interest. If there is enough interest I could grow also some indian vegetable plants at reasonable prices(maybe .50 per peat pot). I have to watch how much I commit to because I only have so much space in my garage:)

Unfortunately I will not be able to ship because of the hastle involved. I will be distributing the plants most likley between Palo Alto and Santa Clara.<!-- START CLTAGS -->

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

2. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

what a great and divine work are you doing for the fellowmen. May god bless you

3. communikay

communikay New IL'ite

I would like to have a tulsi plant for my herb garden if possible. This is a great idea. I live in Mt View so could come and pick it up anytime. Thanks

4. kjos

kjos Senior IL'ite

I would like to buy tulsi and curry leaf plants. Please let me know if they are available.

5. RavikalaKulal

RavikalaKulal New IL'ite

Do you have any more Tulsi plants ??

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  6. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Does anybody curry plant for sale. I'll be very happy to buy one. Pls pm me if you have one.

Thanks,

Vidyaa

7. askk

askk New IL'ite

Dear Srividya

I am sorry because I am not at the right thread but I would very much like to hear your feedback about vaels billabong international school. I am seeking admission for my son in to grade 6 for 2015 and we are in NJ currently. Came across your enquiries about vaels and now I understand from your posts that you are in CA. Any info abt the school and the language options available there will be very much appreciated. and also would like your feedback regarding ICSE?IGCSE.

Thanks
    in advance
    askk( anu kumar)