Any good old age home, old age care center in Blore?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by ShilpaMa, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ilites,

This is for a female friend (only child) who's living in Blore and has to place her mom in a care center who is financially OK and not medically fit ( slightly dependent ).
    Aunty has expressed her wish to be sent to the old age home as she doesn't want to be a burden on the daughter and her marital life.

I am at loss of words on what to suggest them... in case any of you know of a center can you pls suggest one... also in case if you can come up with some working idea on how to make arrangements for the old mother, reasonably good behaviour who's fallen into the guilt trip of not being help to anyone in home and is also battered by the rude comments of her Son in Law (only child) and his parents who refuse to accept her presence in that home.

The house is not v big and comfortable to house a full time maid as her inlaws already find it totally conjusted whenever they visit. So full time maid is reserved as a final option.

2. manalimanoj

manalimanoj Silver IL'ite

hi shilpama
    very bad to here that Son in law is rude. how that mother must be feeling. if she is financially strong can she get a studio flat or a single room nearby her house and keep full time maid. i think it is going to be little expensive but see if instead of old age home this may work.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Manali, thanks so much for your suggestion...
    The guy did his bit but like a DIL he started feeling that he's now fallen into minority (odd one out) in the house.. along with he misisng quality time ONLY with his parents (in indian society guys don't get a general approval for them visiting their parents for month or weeks with the child... it can be read otherwise) and insecurities of his parents.
    No one is entirely bad here.. just that a small child and old parent and respective jobs have put a toll on them.

In same apt its turning out to be costly.. as there're no sharing basis rooms avail.. you either need to rent the entire flat or goto some other center.. Day maid seems to be ruuning into 8-10 K in that city... so 24 hrs maid or nurse needs lot more $$$.
    Trying to check with nearby apt... lets hope it works out..
    Is there any concept of PG for old?

4. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

I think there is a PG for old in Pondicherry.. I'm not asking to opt for this. Just wanted to inform you that there is one for Old.

5. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi,

There is one in Hennur. My mom-in-law was staying there and they took care of her well. If interested, I can provide you with the hone no. Please PM me

Banu

6. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Very Sad to know. Mother can take care 4 children at same time. But, we are in start cant hold of her hand when there is need. Very Very Sad.

There is one in Kasthuri Nagar , which i heard is very good . There are always doctors,ambulance etc . Looks like very posh and hygenic. Never visited. It comes near Water Tank in the main road(Kasthuri Nagar ,OLD madras road,1st cross,500 mts from Outer Ring Road). If you want details, i can get you since i stay 500mts away from this place.

The very good one was in Whitefiled,Sai baba ashram(next to hope farm,Kadagudi junction). I had been several times when Baba was there. Am not sure its still functioning or not. I don't think they charge any thing here.

Apart from this, my company visits lot of old age centres/NGO's etc every Second saturday. If you are seriously looking , i will get you details.

Hope She wont land in Old age centre.

Regards

7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to all for giving their valueable time and inputs and details for the centers.. I shall PM you when the need really arises.. as of now it seems to have subsided or medically not an option.
    Pls keep posting about any centers others know... there shall soon be a major decision in coming month when HIS parents also chip in their views..... since this guy is particular that she has to leave.

Current update... the Son in Law has suggested to buy oxygen pumping machine for his MIL and she's back from hospital.. tho he never visited her in the hosp or discharge, he'd been taking wife and child for outings.. to ensure that there's no complete gloom............... we're trying to assist them with multiple in and out maids (hourly basis) in the apartment till they get a reliable fulltime.

Fingers crossed ... that we can still see her around... keep her moving and back to her spirit and all are able to get over with their hard feelings...

8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Current Updates:

My frnd is in tears and torned apart on what best can be done for her mother.. she's quit her job to take care of her child.. but inlaws and husband insisting that her mother be sent back to her native home. Mother and daughter have lesser income to hire a full time maid and a rented house alone for the ailing mother on oxygen support. They've run out of all their savings with hospitalizations. Her husband (at a v sr. post in a MNC.) has told her that if things are not sorted out he's not in a mental state to continue working and then everyone will have to pack bags and live in whatever money they have.

Pls let us know the contact # of centers who will be willing to support.. if the child is visiting mother regularly.

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi ShilpaMa,

A member from here (I am not naming her) sent me a PM the other day asking about homes in Bangalore. I do not know if this is the same person. In case it is not, there are a few places I can suggest.

Nightingales' Home is one place which I believe will take care of her mom.

Nightingales Centre for Ageing and Alzheimer

These people have various kind of services available at various centres in the city, so it will be a good idea to contact them and spell out her need and check out if they fit her budget. My mom is now in this home and I am extremely happy with the care she is getting at this place. (I just noticed, this is the same place Facebook has mentioned in Kasthurinagar).

A more reasonably priced place is Arogyadham.

Old Age Homes in Bangalore [Home For The Aged, Mentally Retarded, Challenged, Disabled, Handicapped, ill, Sick, Bangalore]

I have checked this place out personally. From what I saw they take decent care of their inmates and there is a doctor available who comes everyday. Only thing that put me off was the fact that they said one is allowed to visit them only for 5 minutes (though you can go everyday) and not allowed to carry any food for them from home. This might be reasonable for people who have health issues, but as that was not the case with my mom, and I felt I needed to see her more than 5 minutes at a time, I did not go for this place.

I can fully empathize with your friend and her situation which is not very different from mine. Kindly convey my best wishes and prayers for her and her mom and my hugs to her.

1 person likes this.
  10. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi,

There is a place called Ashley Homes near Hennur. My MIL was staying her during her last days as she needed 24 hours support and care. They take good care of her and their charges are also reasonable. If you are interested, please PM me and I can give you the contact person's name and phone no.

Banu

1 person likes this.