Ahalia/Lifeline/ NMC...which is better for Maternity services ?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by marina20, Mar 11, 2010.

1. zahiya

zahiya New IL'ite

I have heard Dr Mukundan is very good. Not sure about Dr Naina but whoever you go to please don't ever go to Dr Savitha Malik in NMC. She is the rudest doctor i have ever met in my life. i just visited her once and her unpleasant unsmiling face put me off immediately.

2. Arunima85

Arunima85 New IL'ite

thnx zahiya. so where did u finally go? apart frm Docs what about the postnatal care and services at nmc and lifeline? do u have any idea about it?

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi arunima...

guess we are due almost at the same time; as far as i know- isnt Dr.Aruna leaving Lifeline? I heard that she is going to join Al Rahba hospital.

I am also consulting in LifeLine but i am going to Dr. Mukundan and i am very happy with him. He is very friendly and relaxed and he doesnt try to scare you but tells you facts as it is. He is also open to questions in case you have and i am very happy that i chose him as my doctor.

Earlier i was consulting a doc in Dubai and now i have come to my mom's house for delivery in abu dhabi and it is recently that i started with dr. mukundan. i have visited him twice as of now and i am very happy

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear ladies
    Wishing all of u pregnant ladies a happy pleasant time......and congratzzz. Dr. Jayalaxmi at Ahahlia is a very experienced dr, she has been around for quiet many yrs.
    I have had both my deliveries at the corniche hospital , Abudhabi....dr. Aslam sidique was my Gynaec....a great and experienced consultant. This is several yrs. back, I do not know of how Corniche hosp. works now......is insurance accepted there???...you will have to check on those details.
    Mega

5. Arunima85

Arunima85 New IL'ite

Thnx Mega & Sithara ,

Yes Dr. ARuna is leaving and she was hinting me to consult her at Al Rahba hospital, thank God she is moving, at last now finally made my mind to consult sm bdy else, which i shd have done long back . well today i have an appointment at NMC with Dr. Nayana , lets see hw it goes , or else Dr. MUkundan is der (my file is already der). Sithara is this ur first pregnancy ? wish u all the best :)

Love
    Arunima

6. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Yes :) this is my first baby

7. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

Hey ladies,

wishes and paryers for all mom-to-be

mine was in nmc but it was 5 yrs back, so not sure how far things have changed
    i was seeing dr sumathi and she was a gud doc
    also the facilities there also was fine
    mine was c section , so stayed for 3 days
    and my mom stayed with me in the room

my frnds had gone to ahalia and they also have gud opinion abt the hospital facilities
    but i dnt hve much idea abt lifeline

haya

8. zahiya

zahiya New IL'ite

Dear Arunima,
    how did ur appmt with dr nayana go? few days ago i heard she is a very good dr. i am planning to take an appmt to see her. pls do share your experience with dr nayana.

Thanks,
    zahiya

9. renji79

renji79 Senior IL'ite

Hey ladies,

Congrats to all of you .

I delivered at NMC 5 month back nd had a very good experience .

I was visiting Dr Surekha pai .
    the facilities nd staff are too good .
    I had a C Section nd was in hospital for 3 days ,anyone can stay with us in the room .

Food nd clothes are provided by the hospital .

Renji

10. Arunima85

Arunima85 New IL'ite

Dear Zahiya,

I found both the gynac i.e. Dr.Nayana as well as hospital nice. i have met her only once my next appnt is scheduled on 28th, she was quite nice to talk to.