Good gynaecologist/hospital for csection delivery?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by godsgrace, May 26, 2012.

1. godsgrace

godsgrace Bronze IL'ite

Can anyone suggest me good ,caring, experienced doctor for csection delivery? I will be moving to AbuDhabi in June and my due is in September. So I would like to consult the doctor as soon as I land there.

Here are some questions that are bothering me.......

How many days can you stay in the hospital if you have csection delivery? Can I stay in the hospital with out any help like my husband, nanny or relatives? I mean only me and my new born? Will the nurse help in changing the diapers and taking care of the baby when needed like the US hospital nurses do?

Also does anyone here know any mangalorean/ kannada /konkani /south indian(know or undertand english/hindi) speaking maids? I know I can advertise for the same after I reach there, but if I know before hand it will be good.

So ladies I will appreciate if anyone can pour in your thoughts on this. Thanks.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to AD. where you going to stay? Corniche is best for delivery. The next is Lifeline hospital , Ahaliya Hospital, NMC..

All the above mentioned 4 hospitals are best in AD.

For maids, you have to meet them and decide further. Check in websites...beforehand.
    Carry all the papers regarding your preg with for reference.
    ALL THE BEST.

3. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

C section means you have to stay for 5 days in hospital. In this hospital they give diapers to your baby. In corniche hospital gents are not allowed overnight. Gents and relatives visiting time 12pm to night 10 pm.

In lifeline, your husband can stay with you...
    but You have to carry diapers + baby dress + baby towel + soap with you.
    Make a baby bag and take it with you to hospital.

Nurses will help if you request them. Otherways they encourage you to change diapers and take care of your baby.

4. godsgrace

godsgrace Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Nijasav for giving me the info.

One more question please. Can you recommend some doctors(gynecologist) to me. I will be staying some where in the city(not sure exactly where).

5. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

In Corniche - You won't get a particular doc. Mixed nationality doctors and you can ask for Indian doctor at the most. BUT IT IS BEST HOSPITAL. I delivered in Corniche and recd a GOOD CARE and TREATMENT.

And registration is important in 7 month in all hospitals and for reg you have to carry attested marriage certificate + both of your passport copy with visa page + a form to fill up.

In Lifeline you can choose a doc. Dr,Mary is good and Dr.Mukudan ( if you don't mind a gent doc And Dr.Mukudan is a very well experienced and kind doc)

Kindly go thru the INDIAN IN ABU DHABI forum you will get a lot of information and knowledge