Unsatisfactory experience with Lifeline hospital

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by arunaj29, Apr 27, 2012.

1. arunaj29

arunaj29 New IL'ite

Dear ILs,

Am in my 4month pregnancy.
    Had been to Lifeline to check out the hospital for my subsequent check ups..Was allocated Dr. Aruna kumari. Have to say this..but i was appalled that a doctor could be so impersonal. She hardly spoke during the sitting nor did she listen to me speak. The only time she spoke to me was when she asked me to come n see her the next time!!!!!I had to keep asking her how my baby was ..The management was pushing us around for paying the bills. They fumble when we ask them some doubts and are incoherent. Maybe they are just used to telling people to pay the bills :-(.
    I am seriously reconsidering to go back to Lifeline..
    Need to check out the other hospitals and then decide..
    best wishes,
    Aruna

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Dr.Aruna is little reserved but has 17 years exp in Mafraq Hospital. Next time take an appointment with Dr. Mary, she is friendly and listens to you.
    Dr.Aruna did my friends delivery and my friend was quite satisfied. MY friend too reserved, so may be it matches....

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

@arunaraj... Gosh that does sound horrible; i dont know if it is the doctor that gave you the turn off- becoz i am myself consulting in LifeLine (with Dr. Mukundan) and i look forward to my visits. As of now I have had just two visits (prior to this i was consulting in Dubai and started with lifeLine as i intend to have my baby here)...

I like the system they follow; i had been to NMC earlier in my preg too- and i like the way LifeLine sends those reminder texts about your next appointment (which you will take in advance of course) and they ring you up and inform and explain the test results.

One exp i had and which really impressed me was that- I had gone for my GTT in my 28th week. After the first drawing of blood and having that concentrated glucose drink i was feeling very pukish. Scared that i might have to repeat the test, i tried controlling and in a while i was all dizzy and thot will faint. All i remember was informing the guy sitting in the reception (as i was waiting in the waiting area for my next blood withdrawal) and they were very quick to shift me to the emergency and check my vitals. They said i could take rest for how ever long I wanted and post that even the blood collector was kind enuf to come and enquire how i felt (and i wasnt even charged for all of this).

Even my dr is really good and i am happy with the service i am getting.

I am sorry for what has happened with you and i hope the same doesnt happen with you again (even if you decide to go back)

1 person likes this.
  4. gentle

gentle New IL'ite

Ladies! Why creating problems between Dr. Aruna and Dr. Mary. If Dr. Aruna knows about this post she will be very furious. Dont you have nice topics to discuss.

5. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Oh God... This isnt about creating problems between two doctors; this is more of a platform where friends can discuss issues and experiences.

With that helps many in making decisions- now even despite this, thr will b ppl who will visit a certian doc based on their goodwill. And lifeline as a hospital and certian staff and facilities have been openly criticised on open forums.

And this is more of a personal experience that a member has expressed, while even my good experience with the same place has been expressed..

I dont find a harm in which members express their opinions on certain doctors- which will help others be prepared for the best and worst... Thats my point of view

4 people like this.
  6. gentle

gentle New IL'ite

I will not blame the doctors. They behave this way because they are frustrated. Lots of paper work to do due to new procedures. They are forced to waste more time in documentation than their real job. Insurance restrictions etc.etc.

7. arunaj29

arunaj29 New IL'ite

Hi ladies...

I agree with sitharaj...its about sharing one's personal experience . It varies with the individual. Its good to get different perspectives before making a choice..

Aruna

2 people like this.
  8. saibal007

saibal007 New IL'ite

all dears future mom's...doctors over here in middle east are retired from their india job and are very old. so be careful before taking any major step

9. NISHAJACOB

NISHAJACOB New IL'ite

:) :) i just to go NMC, though there procedure is lil bit complicated,u need to wait minimum 1 hour even though u have appointment..

10. NISHAJACOB

NISHAJACOB New IL'ite

saibal007 i don't agree with u, most of the indian doctors are here for last 10-15 years.. few doctors are more than 15 years service..