Shipping furniture: Abu Dhabi to Trichy

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by taurus4cb, Apr 9, 2011.

1. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Dear all,

I am looking for any leads or contacts to ship my furniture from Abu Dhabi to Trichy, Tamil Nadu. My friends told me about cargo services which ship these items in container in Ships. But they don't seem to have any phone numbers of reliable services.

I have a good leather sofa and seat, good computer table, wooden bed and other miscellaneous items. Is it possible to send electrical appliances also? Like Washing machine, Microwave oven?

If anybody has done this before or know someone who has shipped furniture to India, Please share your experience about the cost involved. Is it worth it ? What kind of insurance should I choose?

I should soon make a decision between putting up a ad on dubizzle or shipping this items to India. I would dearly like to ship them rather than sell them for a cheap price here in Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much.

-Krishna

2. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

Hi sorry for a late reply...u can ship these things to India using packers and movers like Inchcape Shipping Services.Last year i shipped my items from Dubai to Oman using this agency.Reliable one.Now next month i am again using this agents to move my items to Qatar.They are having office in Abudhabi in Muroor Road near V kool show room.

reagrds
    sobha