1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sloka to gain responsibility and maturity

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by dk31, Apr 22, 2015.

1. dk31

dk31 New IL'ite

Hello,

My younger sister is stubborn, spoilt and does not help around at home. She is 27 and does not act her age. Please share a shloka (that I can recite) that will help me (her older sister) make her understand the responsibilities of life and share some family values with her. I want to help her gain maturity. Please advice and help. Thanks.

1 person likes this.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I dont know slokas. writing shri Rama Jayam is helpful. My mom writes for 48 times every day. She says its helpful. sai Baba stories, Ragavendhra swami charitha can be read. Divine grace is enough to solve all the problems in our life. Dont worry maam.

3. dk31

dk31 New IL'ite

I'm sorry I'm not so well-versed with all the names of the shlokas. Is 'Shri Rama Jayem' a shloka or should I write just 'Shri Rama Jayam'? Where can I read Sai-baba stories and Please share Raghavendra swami charitha with me. Thanks!

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

"Shri Rama jayam" is to be written 48 times. We have books of Sai Baba And Ragavendhra swami stories or charitha at home. I dont know if u can read online.please do search online Or kindly try ordering these books online. In India in most of the cities we will get these bakthi books in town areas

1 person likes this.
  5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

I dont know that if you (dk31) write this, she will gain responsibility?

5 people like this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@dk31, if only all the problems in this world can be resolved by chanting slokas. perhaps you can give some background for us to understand the problem better?

4 people like this.
  7. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Sounds little absurd dk3. Sorry for being blunt.
    How can someone chant sloka and become mature ? What is her actual problem ?

2 people like this.
  8. dk31

dk31 New IL'ite

Okay. Here's some background. 6 months ago, my sister and I lost our dad. I live overseas and have decided to move back to India to help my mother and just be there for her. My sister is 27 and works in an international firm. After dad's passing away, we had to do a lot of paperwork and such. there was not much involvement on her behalf towards these matters. Now that it has been 6 months, we would like to actively participate in small affairs of the house such as banking, taxes etc. My mum, sister and I decided that we will part work equally amongst us after my dad's passing away. These ground rules are not followed by her. She lazes during weekends and does not help around to run errands and such. I'm not talking about daily household activities like cooking and cleaning, we do have a maid for that. I'm talking about more responsible matters. She is stubborn and immature. But when does one learn? I was not like so at 27. I wish she were more responsible and helped my mum and I in certain matters. I wish that it was easy to make her understand that the three of us need to everything together, at least till we get over the loss. Instead, we try to make her understand that she should help us and fail at it. For now, we have given it a break and have stopped making her understand. We don't want to push her either. we would like it if she realises this herself.
    I am leaning towards spiritual and divine help because all other methods have failed in our hands.

1 person likes this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

God helps those who help themselves. No amount of chanting any slokah by one individual will help another miraculously transform to a responsible and mature person. If that was the case, all parents will chant slokas to make sure their offsprings face no difficulty and lead perfect lives.

Moreover, just because you decide that something should work a certain way does not mean she will follow it if she does not want to do so. If you want her to help around in certain capacity and be responsible, she also need to make that realization. 27 is too old tomake someone understand something or make them do something against their will. Your mother or you can call a family meeting and decide how you want to proceede with whatever it is that needs taken care of and reach a consensus on who takes responsibility for what. Maybe that will get her to take on some responsibility.

Again - forcing her to do something or geting married etc will not work and will only push her away.

2 people like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Move back to India for good or till your wedding?

Is it like a business or properties or something that the work needs to be equally divided?

Everyone grieves differently. For you and mother, maybe the daily nitty-gritty help. For her,maybe lazing around and taking things a bit easy helps in getting over the loss. You seem to have lived in many countries. Maybe she spent more time with your father recently and distancing herself from banking, taxing and other tasks is her way of coping?

She is 27, works for an international firm, not very interested in marriage currently, and a bit lazy when it comes to household chores and banking etc. Many people are like this, and hardly a situation so dire as to seek spiritual and divine help.

dk31, your family is coping with a loss. And it will take time for things to acquire a new routine and for all to settle down. But - I suggest you read the three threads you have started, and think for a bit what impression the three give together.

3 people like this.