1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I love my mother

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by akrithi, Jan 23, 2015.

1. akrithi

akrithi New IL'ite

Hi All,

Right now I feel like dying. I love my mother a lot.I liked one low caste guy and I am struggling with my parents to marry him .My mother thinks he is not beautiful and people will laugh at her if I marry him. My mother has faced issues relationship with my father, she is not getting the point that character and love is more important in a relationship.I am confident about the person whom I have chosen,even she knows he is a good person ,but still she is damn adamant on this,now she has stopped speaking to me ,I am not able to take this ,from childhood I have done things what she likes even if i don't like ,but this is my life not able to give up my love because of caste and beauty ,how much ever I beg her to speak to me ,she isn't ,I love her lot.I don't know what to do now.I am getting scared whether I will go to depression.Please give me suggestions :(

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

1. Did you not know your mom will oppose this in the "early stage" of your falling in love? Its at that stage you should have thought of this and decided one way or another.

2. Your mom has launched the ultimate weapon, pick him or pick mom. Very tough. But you should have seen this coming. People from orthodox background are very hard to change, so this is time for tough decisions from you. You are the only one who knows what choice is right.

1 person likes this.
  3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

How old are you? How long have you been in this relationship .? . Can you postpone wedding thoughts for couple of years which will allow your mom to see seriousness in your relationship and also give more time to the guy to settle down in life and show her that he can take care of you very well an he is there for long haul.

Parents can really be stubborn but if you think he is the right person and also care about parents approval, I would say take it slow and give it time to get approval from her.if anyone brings up your wedding talks tell her and them that you will marry only your guy once she approves and leave it there. With time some realize the seriousness and approve.

stay strong . Do you have any older relatives who she values to talk and explain to her.

1 person likes this.
  4. akrithi

akrithi New IL'ite

Hi armummy,

Thanks for the reply.I am 26 right now ,i am in relationship with him for 3 years.He is settled in life ,no problems from his end.I know he is the right person for me ,even i thought to not to push too much ,with time things will become better i hope

5. akrithi

akrithi New IL'ite

Hi Ragini,

Thanks for the reply,actually my parents didn't have problem with love marriage ,they used to say we are ok with love marriage ,but when i told about my love ,they are not able to accept it .Don't know how to convience them .But whatever happens i will take it positiviely and move on.

6. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

You are looking at this person's heart rather than outside appearances and you want to spend rest of life with him. You have "chemistry" with this person.

Even your mother see's this person's heart, but she cares about outside opinions. This is normal human tendency.

If I was you, I would talk to God and tell Him what you just told us. When you confide in God, your words and feeling flow more freely than if you even talk with strangers (because there are millions of other things in your life that you cannot explain over the Internet to people you barely know). Of course, God uses strangers to steer you in the right direction.

I have my own struggles and now I talk to God, as if He's right next to me.

God know inside-outside of everything and everyone ..... I talk to God out loud several times a day (of course, do this in private otherwise people think your nuts).

1 person likes this.
  7. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Why did you bring up his caste if your mom's problem is only his looks? or is it both?

8. akrithi

akrithi New IL'ite

thanks for your reply :)you are right ,i also believe everything happens for good .I believe in god :) He will be with me i know

9. akrithi

akrithi New IL'ite

it is both ,caste as well as looks :(

10. Komik

Komik Silver IL'ite

What if you keep on standing at your choice?
    If your mom.is loving you also, wouldnt she agree at last?
    She may want try force you to bend at her desicion, but if you keep.on telling her , it is love , her heart will not get softer?
    Especially, if he is settled well, so you wont have worry about money ?