1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things which your Mom drives you crazy

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by JustLikeYou, Oct 29, 2014.

1. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My mom and I are very typical, atleast i guess, when it comes to our relationship with each other. We fight a lot but love each other to death. There are things that i want her to stop doing and certain things that i want her to start doing atleast at her age of 64. Not that i have her experience running a family, taking care of IL or having a profession but i just feel that things have changed and it wouldn't hurt to take a chill pill.

But the problem is the way we have our conversation. It never ends in a pleasant note. She never gets my point. She still things i am young and do not have the experience and therefore doesnt know anything. For instance, we were talking about my cousin, who was married young when fresh out of college and never been away from mom her entire life. I said to my mom, "how innocent and very naive is my cousin. She doesn't have the same experience that the other cousin or I have, we were away from home studying, working and gone for travels". My mom immediately goes, "what kind of experience do you have? You don't have much of it either". I explained, "Atleast I have been out of home working and travelled, married in a far away land, working and going to school and running a family without much of help from either side of the family". She just brushed it off.

So, ladies, what goes between your mom and you? How does she drives you crazy and how do you deal with her?

sindmani, pear, SGBV and 2 others like this.

2. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Why Blood! Same Blood! Same happens with me and mom too. . .

sindmani and nithyadavidson like this.
  3. eshu09

eshu09 New IL'ite

yes...the same hppns in our hus..
    my mom being a depression patients...our conversation mostly ends in argument...

4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Surprisingly my mom and I have never ever had an argument. We are so alike that I always know what can be expected of her. My sis and mom on the other hand are total opposites. She will always come to me and tell me to talk sense to my mother :) My response is always the same - what is wrong? let her do as she wishes. This is especially because she never does anything to harm anybody. Infact, it is quite the opposite. Neither of us knows how to say NO when somebody asks us to do something. The few times either one of us has said no, we spend the next few days feeling so darn guilty.

If at all there is one thing I wish my mother would change though - to know when somebody is using her, and to put a stop to it. Even when any relative is friendly just because they want something out of her, she will not listen when we tell her about the bad intentions of the person.

5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    my mother and I do not have agreeable conversation, she always says opposite of what I am saying, even though 2 days she said what I am saying today. So more important fo her is to challenge and argue and no need for agreeing.
    I realize this now, and do not get upset so much.
    But I also have realized that my mother understands what she is doing.
    My mother always supports the cousins from her side.

6. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

:bonkWOW its the same everywhere

One of my moms distant relative cousin came for 2 days stay to my place.The first thing that surprised her is my tasty cooking as she always understood through my mom that iam a not-so -good cook. Dont know whether to feel sad or happy to see my aunts surprised expression and my moms embarrassed face.She literally couldnt stop herself from declaring my mutton curry and fish curry as the best she tasted in her life.
    I know my mom will find fault with whatever i cook ,but i never thought that it could form this kind of image for me in the family circle.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Is there a word for that moment when you realize.......that your mom irritates you more than your mil?:spin

To be continued later....shakehead

1 person likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Me and my mom are like cat and rat at home. Fight even for silly things like who is the best actor. Leave alone the serious issues like H and in laws, raising the kids etc..etc... But we can't live without each other or without seeing/talking to each other even a single day. That much both of us love each other.

Once when we were out for a family trip, at a restaurant, the waiter asked as to what we want to eat... I looked at my mom and asked what... She asked me to order 2 portions of what I like to eat, so that she too can share the same. To which my sister commented in a funny way that "no pair could share a chemistry like you guys". True... may be that's why we fight and patch up frequently.

I want my mom to stop treating me like a kid anymore, but respect and accept me for my age, experience and talents. Also, I want her to take some chill pill and relax so that I could bear the family responsibility at least now. She is afraid that I might lose, so she is extra careful, which irritates me.

sindmani and JustLikeYou like this.