1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IF parents don't choose you to settle down with because of in-laws

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by TheUnhappyWife, Jul 22, 2014.

1. TheUnhappyWife

TheUnhappyWife Silver IL'ite

This topic might have been beaten to death in IL forums, nevertheless I wanted to ask this specific question because I can't keep my head off it. Anyways, this is my first thread in this sub-forum.

What if your parents don't choose you to settle down with later in life when they become permanently dependent due to frail health and physical helplessness, only because of your in-laws who always throw their weight around and will raise a huge hue and cry about it which will jeopardize their daughter's(i.e your) marital life and peace in the household ?

What if your parents come to your house only for 10 days in a year only because of the above reasons ?

How would you feel and what would you do ? How would you convince them that that is not the way to go ?

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

There are many factors which will decide how I will react!
    Is my dh supportive IF my parents settle with me?
    Am I ready to fight back with my in-law so my parents can come & stay with me??

If the answer I NO to above questions the with a heavy heart I will accept the situation. I will have some peace knowing that I have a sibling who can take care of them. I will try to do the best I can in given circumstances.

3. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

It's better to arrange a home for them near to your place instead of living with you under same roof,Hire a maid,get them groceries, veggies& medicines at regular intervals, Visit them daily & enquire abt their health& well being, in this way your parents will have freedom, your DH will have privacy& u too will have peace at home bcoz inlaws can visit your home anytime, if ur parents live with u then u have to handle 4 aged people's ego which will lead to unnecessary dramas& will create rift between u& ur DH,Have a thought& Do which suits u best!