1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with brother

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by complainBaby, Jan 1, 2014.

1. complainBaby

complainBaby Bronze IL'ite

What kind of sibling problem one can discuss on dis forum ? I Have one ,dont know how to discuses ,need advise but dont know how to express my problem , it is little awkward

2. complainBaby

so many views n o reply , I cant read msg so pls write here wat u want to

3. complainBaby

Nobody is replying ,so now im shamelessly putting my problem here
    how will u girls react when a elder person in ur own home sees u in uncomfortable way n u feel so uncomfortable the way he looks at u
    my brother sees me this way which i dont like it n feels very disrespect , i dont know how to handle this problem n want to stop it

i have only two options , one is confronting him n second him taunt him in indirect way

i need ur help girls please give suggestion

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Please let your mom or any other older woman in the family know. If that is not possible.....tell him he is making you uncomfortable but make sure you say it in the presence of a family member.

sindmani, han412 and complainBaby like this.
  5. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

If open confrontation or openly discussing this issue in family is not possible, it is better to consult with your Mom when alone, and ask "if you should wear something different at home, as at times you feel uncomfortable when your brother sees you. You feel as if he is staring a bit too much " etc

If your family is more open in discussing aspects related to topics other than just general, then you could even pose this situation as a hypothetical issue.

To be frank, this is a very sensitive topic, so approach it with caution. I know some families are very closed, and raising any such issues could only back-fire. I do know one family, where the sister resorted to going to a hostel, at a very young age, to escape from the uncomfortableness at home. She was too young and naive to openly discuss this topic.

6. complainBaby

my mom will always support my brother ,she will never support me n once i said in front of every body " what u r seeing " he said " nothing " in a very carefree way

i srsly hated det reply , any other suggestion , i srsly want to end it now , i feel humiliated d way he sees me

7. complainBaby

My prob is same , i dont know how to deal wid it , mum will never understand me , she only support her son , is giving a silent treatment to det person effective in dis case ?

8. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Just keeping quite by yourself may not help, as the person may not realize the reason for you ignoring them (they may still be in the impression, that you are unaware).

My suggestion would be to talk to Mom alone, and if Mom does not respond well. Try Dad. Sometimes, Dads understand better as they will not be too biased over sons. If both does not work move out of home. Atleast they would know you are serious, and infact may help you to get settled well, as it is a tricky situation for them too..

If you do not do anything, the person may try to take advantage.

I believe there are only 2 options here. Either confront or escape . I know, suggesting escapism is not a good solution. But I do not see any other option here.

sindmani likes this.
  9. complainBaby

I did use det n he knew bcoz of his wrong , disrespectful behaviour i m not toking , he came n started y u r not toking , kya hua ...............again n again he was telling dis n remember he knew y i m not toking , fir bhi he was doing all drama

moving out is not possible coz i m not doing any job , i dont wanna ecape , i want to confront but without help of dad .........mom will not help me i know , she will shift blame on me by saying u were wrong , ur clothes r like dis or something else , she did dis many time , she support her son only , if my dad says anything to him , she fights wid him too n shouts on my dad ...............so mom help is not a option , it does not exsist for me n my dad , my brother has dis option , he can take his mom help any time coz she can give her life for him

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  10. complainBaby

only two people r replying , pls girls dont just view dis topic , do give suggestion too , at lest den i cn chose wat should i do