1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to celebrate Parents 25th anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by muthu21, Dec 31, 2012.

1. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

Hi all IL's..
    I would like to celebrate my parent's 25th anniversary which is falling next month :thumbsup.. I am married and a home maker, was married soon after my completion of studies.. being the eldest i would like to make this occasion special for them.. how do i and what can i do..:help?? my sister is in her final semester(UG), and we both have some savings(really feeling bad that am counting on it for someone who has been and being everything for us..)
    :confused2:

2. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

IMO celebrate it in a grand way either in a hotel ( party hall) or at your parents place inviting all family and friends .. Order food out ... Buy a good useful gift for your parents ( something that they require at home ) like a new tv used by all .. Something which might be useful for both or buy individual gifts for your mom and dad..
    All te best

3. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

Ramya Sridhar mam.. i thank you for one such wonderful suggestion..but the problem is, am in bangalore and they are in tamilnadu, i cant be travelling as am with my 5months old baby..and other thing is savings is not much mam, its only around 4-5k.. individual gifts, we have never seen father wearing a watch so i ll buy that but for my mom?? or something that i can gift in common for both..?? please help..!!!

4. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

Will your DH be able to help you with the money part ? Else another thing that you can do is try to send them for a small trip from Tamil nadu. You can choose some places in TN itself like hill stations or even like kerala/munnar. You can get some hotel rooms there for them and they can go for a weekend. That maybe a refreshing break for them.

If you feel even this may not be within your budget, then I suggest that you can get some small earrings/saree for your mom and a watch for your dad.

Another option is that if you are visiting them for their anniversary,you and your sis can take them out for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant. Some place they wont go on their own. I personally like to take my parents in Chennai for some buffet dinners since they get to try various kinds of food and normally they wont go to such places on their own.

The last inexpensive option is to make like a slideshow or collage or pics of them from baby , marriage photos, when u kids were born etc etc... basically showcasing their 25 yrs of togetherness. YOu can make it and give it to them

Hope your parents have a wonderful 25th anniversary.

1 person likes this.
  5. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

hi foxybeat.. thankyou so much mam, i discussed it with my sister and we have decided that we ll take them out for lunch.. arrange for a refreshing trip.. and am preparing the collage and planning to send them sweets... thankyou both once again..
    postponed the idea of gifts to my fathers birth day in september :)

1 person likes this.
  6. kannas

kannas Bronze IL'ite

i gifted them a car and a party with their friends (their college friends and family)...no relatives in the party,...
    they both enjoyed a lot