1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused ... Please help

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by HemaRajan, Jun 14, 2011.

1. HemaRajan

HemaRajan New IL'ite

Hi, I'm Hemarajan. My grandma, 82 years is suffering from Gall Bladder Cancer. Her 2 sons are not financially ok (i.e. my dad and uncle). Her 2 daughters-in-law (my mom and aunt) have always been refusing to look after her. She is staying alone. I am in a confusion as to what to do ??? Can't go for chemo.. treatment, due to her old age. I am working and have 2 sons. Have to look after them also. What do i do to help her ??? I can't see her suffering alone. What if something happens in midnight and no one to help her ??? As i'm working, she doesn't want to be a burden to me. So, she is still alone. I'm depressed. Kindly advise. What do i do to reduce her stomach-pain and stomach-burning problem ??

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hemarajan

nice that you have concern about ur grandma..
    may be you can hire someone who can always be with her and assiste her.you can pay for all those expenses and keep in touch withe maid and know the progress of ur grandma..

my prayers for ur grandma

3. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Hi Hemarajan,
    Looking after an ill aged person is a huge commitment. I think the best thing for you would be to put her in an OAH near your home where you can visit her often or hire a nurse to look after her. You can bring her to your home but you'll still need someone to look after her as you are working.
    If you really think your top priority is your grandma, you can even leave your job and look after her full time. I think it'll be very satisfying but before doing that just be sure about what you want to do.

4. Evolet

Evolet Senior IL'ite

Hi

You have mentioned that she is suffering from Cancer. If you approach Adayar Cancer Institute , you can get medicines . You will have to travel there with your grandma .Once they check her up and decide the level of intrusion , they ll provide medicine accordingly.You have to get the medicine every month. If you are in chennai you cna get it and send it to her or you can request any of your friends / relatives to do the same. These medicines will be almost free or cost very low . So you will be able to afford that. This will ease her from pain and will keep her peaceful .
    If possible , stay with her for sometime , if not put her in some old age home and visit her often and keep her happy.

It is a pity that none of her sons/ daughter In laws are ready to take care of her.but you cant do anything about it. Jus do your bit in keeping her happy .