1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She is the one

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by deepagopalan, May 5, 2010.

1. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Becoming a parent is one of life's biggest and greatest inspirations.parenting is a wonderful thing in every humanbeing life.I would like to share about my sister,she is a working women very dedicative and hard working.her kids are twins(Madhur and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Milan</st1:place></st1:City>) very naughty and cute boys.
    While going office she leev them in daycare and while returning she picks them,but timings didnt went favour for her,the limitation is upto 6.45pm,my sister need to board 2 local trains to reach office and vice versa,there was not much frequent train also,if she miss one then she need to wait for a long time for other train,my brother n law comes home almost in between 8.30pm-9pm daily,so only my sister need to come early atleast by 6.45pm to pickup them, and does all the remaining work and spending time with them.
    whereas in daycare Madhur and Milan will be waiting near the doorsteps for her arrival,everytime the bell rings Madhur and Milan’s hearts pound that it would be their mom, if it was not their turn they console each other saying mom will come….and she will bring snacks,ice cream. since they are twins every one knows them very well.they are favourite among all the kids,with open smile they say bye-bye to all their friends when their parents comes and pickup. they sit quietly watching pogo channel but their ears were more sharp to hear the door bell even though if they watch their favorite cartoon.
    Everyday my sister plans to come early and pickup them but everything goes out vain,either she will miss the train or she will have load of work at office,since she is having more responsibility at office sometimes she needs to attend the meetings,sometimes without knowing others she will move away from the meetings coz of Madhur and Milan.
    Madhur and Milan is quite understanding they knows their mom is hardworking women so they wont cry even though they are sometimes last one to leev the daycare.but the face shows they really miss home and wanna go home as early as much they can.if once their turn comes they doesn’t mind whether they have weared the slipper rightly or not with fraction of second they will be ready with their bags to go home.
    My sister’s colleagues are not that much supportive they always point out and complaints, if she moves early from office. But she need to manage,other problem is that she doesn’t know hindi,its difficult to manage without knowing hindi in mumbai,but since she is good in English she clean bold others.
    Major problem comes during rainy reason,Mumbai will be flooded always its good to have some leave backlog , during rainy seasons the train availabity and timings wont be proper, almost all station will be flooded, barely we can see the track that much flood will be in rainy season, that time she need to board buses, buses will be crowd like anything, here in Mumbai majority of working women prefers local train, but that is vain during rainy reason. cant reach home on time, but she manage by getting lift or boarding local vehicle.
    Madhur and Milan rather then worrying in getting late to home they will be happy coz they can wear new rain coat.One dreadful incident is that.. once she board wrong train in hurry burry and she slept in tired didn’t notice the station, when she woke up she was almost on the opposite end, that time my bil is in out of station,her mobile got switched off too that was a bad experience, daycare people tried her nos coz the time crossed 8.30pm.Madur and Milan become went silent, small face turned red. She managed to reach 9.07pm on the way her sandals stiched got off,she throwed the sandal and walked bare feet,she prayed all the god,her only intention is to reach Madhur and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Milan.</st1:place></st1:City>
    after few months my parents started to come and stay with them, few month they stay with my sister and few months her inlaw’s still………. its continuing…
    its really GODS GIFT parenting kids and its more in deep when they are a working women that too when you doesn’t have any support from others.

common viewers share your thoughts.
    :cheers
    deepu

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi deepu,Really tough situatrion and your sis has to be apprciated here...i understand we were two kids of working mother our parents struggled a lot think about twins very difficult to manage..Kudos to Madhur and Milan and his parents.

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear deepa

i can uderstand the feelings of your sis and the kiddoos, My dils are working so I stayed with the first one from her delivery until the baby was 2 years old. then we put her in the day care and play school. for my second dil her mother and me took turn to take care but even then my grand son was put into the day care at the age of 11 months. so one way it is good to work and the other way it is hard without any help. My sisters dil was working in jet airways, my sis was ready to go and help and her mother is staying next door , still she resigned her job with the feeling that she doesnt want to miss enjoying the motherhood. I respect her feelings too.

thanks for a lovely write up deepa.

ganges

4. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Pretty thankyou for the first feedback.yep u r right its quite difficult,one person is not enough to manage Madhur n Milan.

5. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganges,

Thankyou for your lovely feedback and sharing your experience.

deepu

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Deepa,

I went through the same phase myself when i started working after my break. I used to be worried about my daughter and wanted to reach home as early as possible. But in this bangalore traffic, it used to take hours to reach home. Luckily my husband opted for flexible timings and things went smooth from then on.

Kudos to your sister and the lovely kids. She is a wonderful mom. Your post shows how much she cares for her kids and how much she pines to be with them. Good that your parents and her in-laws are sharing the responsibility and helping her out.

-Lakshmi

7. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear lakshmi,
    Thankyou so much for the feedback and sharing here,there are been some times she has cried a lot coz of them,but its all god gift,now her inlaw’s and my parents support her by staying with them and Madhur & Milan is so happy to be in home.

I have been in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City>,the first ting come to my mind is traffic jam..yep i can understand your experience,you are lucky that your DH supports you.

With love,
    Deepu

8. lechu

lechu Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I'm happy that the little ones are having grand parents to take care of them now. That will also relieve your sister from the mental tension.

I can understand both the kids' and mom's feelings. Poor ones. I can imagine how they had waited in the daycare to return home, and how dreadful your sister had been when she woke up in the train. It is sooooo tough than say.

Let God bless them with all good things in life.

9. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Lechu that was really paining for her when she think about the incident of boarding wrong train,whenever see board train she ask minimum 3- 4 person atleast.

lechu thankyou so much for sharing and giving feedback.

:cheers
    deepu

10. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Deepu,

Kuddos to your sister. Really Madhur and <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Milan are very lucky kids to have such a mom and so your sis to have such beautiful understanding kids.
    I hope they will have a beautiful colorful future.
    </st1:place></st1:city>