1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working mom and a perfectionist...my 6 to 9 marathon!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Megalife, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

TTTTRRRRIIINGGG....goes the alarm...nd as an impulse my hands shut it down;;;; another 5 mins and it goes off again and now itz really loud, as if to warn me that time to start action! Itz sharp 6 am.....go straight to the kitchen, put on the Kettle. Rush to the wash room and ponder my next course of action.....now i am all charged up and no more walking...I'm flying! The tea is ready and in cups (but mine goes cold everyday...in my flying spear i forget to sip it half-way)! In comes my husband looking as cheerful as ever, gives me a sweet smile takes the cup and settles to the corner of the kitchen:coffee(I shuld be thankful tht he doesn't shout "MY TEA plz" from the living room!!!)
    All the 4 gas burners are lit; pat/pots/woks are all on the gas tops? Why such eleborate utensils for a breakfast?...thtz wht you are thinking..rt? Yep, I have a family who has an enormous appetite and who enjoy food...in better words, quality food!!! I have 3 types of breakfast lined up, a plaintoast and spread for me, a south indian one for my hus; an everyday speciality breakfast for the kids (who have taken it to heart tht breakfast is the most important meal in the day:spinnot tht other meals are less important!!!)
    Then comes the part -2, Tiffins; we need 6 tiffins in the morning 3 for my elder one (he has three breaks to his long day of 8 to 5), 2 for my younger one (8 to 4 pm) and lunch for my DH. Now the dilema...one mans meat is other mans poison:bang
    So chop-chop salads,Sauté/ stir-fry veggies'/kababs/sandwiches/pasta/parata/pancakes/frenchtoast.....so goes my mix and match menu! This was the easy part, and now for the worst task of the day! Waking the kidz from the bed! I struggle with one and my DH half-heartedly struggles with other (he'd love it if I struggled with both though, but from past xperiences has learnt not to ask for too much!) After a battle of "Waterloo re-waged", they have used the washrooms, enjoyed the breakfast while listening to newz and in their smartly ironed uniforms (thanks to my maid!) YES I DO HAVE a maid who comes in for a few hrs daily but my family refuses food cooked by her!:drowning!They have glorified me and my cooking for their vested interests:hiya.

By 7.02 I have 2 playful kids who just dont seem to understand the importance of time (except for their fav, TV shows!) in the car! Puffing-panting reach the school, put them in and race down the road to be in time for office. At office the ugly face of my bose awaits me!:bonk
    Again itz hectic...hectic. at office..rush back home, have a cup of tea and the kidz arrived, first the younger one then the elder. They pour over all the news, while asking me whtzz cooking for dinner! Thankfully they study on their own. It wind-up time Dinner/prayers/Bed-time.
    Yes Marathon, I feel exactly like I am reachin the winning line every night at 9 pm when the kidz are tucked in bed! And then comes the part of the day I look fwd to: itz my hus nd me, an hour of TV. 10.30 lights off and getting charged for yet another day of Marathon!!!
    But when I look at the 3 faces peacefully sleeping, I feel I have got the trophy for the marathon race I run everday!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    31 people like this.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Very realistic lovely post from you Megalife!
    It's like same story everywhere, where one girl's meat is another girl's poison! ( my saga)

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

:thumbsupItz "our sage".....when they have moms who dance to their tunes who would not be???

4. SubhaIyer

SubhaIyer New IL'ite

Hi, nice to see you enjoying the tasks. It makes things much more easier (I am yet to learn it though)

5. Freshiya

Freshiya New IL'ite

Very true and yes it is not possible to meet all the demands of family without an understanding husband or little help from others for working ladies.
    If we enjoy the work we do everything will be easy going else all are burdans.:)

6. twinbabyhopes

twinbabyhopes Senior IL'ite

Hey megalife,

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    so nice writing ......love u
    i really like it so much...............great to know ur shcedule
    keep writing

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

I'm new in here...but already loving IL....FOR once I can be myself!!! No one to impress, no pressures, no code of conduct, no expectations!!!...thnxx for ur message!

8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

superb post Megalife...i liked the last line of yours:)

9. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

A very nice post, Megalife. You must train your family to like what you make, and not the other way round!

10. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Wow, that was a lovely post Megalife.
    Really it's a trophy won at marathon for moms to see their loved ones meet their needs and satisfied and finally having a peaceful goodnight sleep. If we love the work we do, we don't feel the pain of the hecticness we go through in our daily marathons.

Regards,
    Latha.

1 person likes this.