1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iss feeling ko kya naam doon (How should I name this feeling ???)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by kiranavvari, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

Iss feeling ko kya naam doon

I got my job after my marriage. I was a fresher in an IT company when I conceived. Then onwards I started to have a strange feeling which I couldn't figure out so far what was it. Hopefully you can help me out to name it exactly.

During pregnancy, everybody used to advise me to have dinner by 7pm and rest. Parents and Parents-In-Law used to get angry as I used to reach home only by 10pm, then cook and eat. Sab log mufth ka salah tho dete, kisiko meri khayal nahi, aur bolte hai main badi laaparwahi maa hoon jo bachchi ke liye dhyan nahi deti -- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon??? anger, frustration, helplessness??? :rant

Then my little angel arrived ,and soon after, the day also arrived when I had to leave her and go to office :bang. Parents In Law have come to baby sit her. Whenever DD falls sick, MIL used to say "You didn't breast feed her all the time, You were very eager to join back office, thats why her immunity is so low. You are such a reckless mother to throw the kid on our face, and enjoy in office" :idontgetit:
    (I joined back only when my daughter turned 7th month, and we had started off the solid foods. And, I took leave whenever she fell sick). --- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon??? --- Anger, frustration, helplessness ... Jaisi karni, waisi bharni (I was the one who insisted for parents in law to come over) :bonk

When my Parents In Law wanted to go back to their hometown, my DD went to Daycare. My dearest father was feeling very pity of my DD and says "You are such a heartless mother to send her to Daycare, poor little girl she is suffering all the time in Daycare). --- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon??? mere pass koi shabdh nahi hain isske liye :confused2:

My DD turned 3 and we are attending to the school interviews. She failed in one of the school oral interviews because she didn't instantly responded to the Principal request to sing a rhyme. School principal says "If you go to school, who will teach your kid. You are such a money-minded mother" -- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon? Puzzled ??? :rant

(Fortunately, we took admission in a different school, though this principal offered admission to my DD . I pity those teachers in that school who have children).

Now its turn of those mothers who sacrificed their careers for the well-being of their children, and show so much affection for my daughter saying "Oh!! you work, and thats why you dont have any time to spend with your daughter. Thats why her academic grades are not very well" -- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon??? jealous, anger, frustration :crazy

(My DD was getting A+ grade, though not topper of the class. Mujhe ye baath samajh mein nahin aatha, Aakhir kitane log top kar sakte hai class mein)

Later those fortunate home makers enters in to the story telling me "OH My God!! You are working, and you don't have time to check for her school activities, no time to talk to other parents, then how will you know about school. Thats why your DD is not winning any prizes in activities" -- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon???? jealous, jealous, and jealous
    (School gives only 3 prizes while 100 students are competing. My DD is not among those fortunate 3. I started to seriously think to advise school to give prizes to everyone)

Then comes my poor mother who always feels that I am working extra extra hard always, and carrying the whole earth's responsibility on my shoulders, and wants to give me rest by teaching my daughter "Dont Ask your mother for everything, she is going to office and can't do anything for you" -- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon???? ENOUGH PLEASE :drowning

When I hear all these comments, I just remember

--- My determination not to take any leave during pregnancy, and save those few days as well to spend after my DD arrives (How reckless I am )
    --- those countless nights when I used to sleep along with DD, and later keep an alarm @ 11pm to finish the household chore till 12:30 am or 1am and sleep again (how heartless I am to leave the DD in her sleep)
    --- Those daily marathons I used to make to catch the bus in morning to office. I dont want to miss the marathon because it gives me few more minutes to spend for my DD
    (here I should thank those autowallahs in stand near my house who were so kind enough to request the bus driver to stop for one more minute when they see my marathon for me to catch the bus as they are so much used to my marathons)

And, Want to shout and tell everyone

Dear Parents and Parents In Law

We know YOU ARE THE BEST PARENTS we can ever see, but trust us, we love her so much as much as you love us, we can take care of her. We don't need your sympathy, we need just small help from you. Please don't poison her mind saying "Your Mom works, so she can't do anything for you". I am fine if you are unable to say "Though your mom works, she loves you, and takes care of you"

Dear School Principals

Do not judge the children on the first instant. They are not arrogant, probably they don't like your old look :)

My Dear Home Makers

We too care for our DD, we track her school records, we read to her, we teach her, we make her write and we do all those endless activities that you will be doing to your DD/DS.

MY DD DOESN'T NEED YOUR SYMPATHY, SHE IS GOOD IN HER OWN WAY, SHE IS UNIQUE.

And, then comes this weird feeling, When My Little Angel comes and tell me

You are the BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST Mom in the world
    (My DD wants to put always 8 Best , dont know why) :party

-- Iss feeling ko main kya naam doon ?? Happy or Revenge on the whole world who were sympathizing
    (My DD about to turn 7 years now. )

24 people like this.

2. Beeash

Beeash New IL'ite

Dear kiranavvari,
    I understand what u went thru.But i think u r a strong lady.most of the working parents especially moms go thru this situation.I liked what u wanted to shout at the parents ,inlaws, the principal and the home makers.Iam a grand mom who advise my daughter.it is just the love and care v have for them that makes us talk like that.Anyway lesser advise now on hehe....As long as they care for u and ur baby they will keep telling even if u dont like it.about others i have nothing to say as u cannot change people it is better v make changes in ourselves and let ur baby understand the world is like that ,some things v cant change.I think she already knows as she annonced u r the best mom.i wish u all the best

3. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Thumbs up to you! You have aptly summarized the feelings of a working mother! A working mother or her child does not require anyone's sympathy! They are good in their own way and have all the fun which others have.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    u have really shown strenght of character in dealing with so many judgemental people..............though it is not because u are working ....people love to judge & pass unnecessary remarks............
    i am a home maker & when my elder son was little people would say 'don't u feed him,u are at home make some nice different dishes for him .........or once my son fell down playing & badly brusied his knees the doc said' what were u doing...........now ,even if i am at home all day i would hate to keep the kids inside...they need lots of physical exercise to grow...........
    so ,take heart all of us our judged & the best bet is to ignore............but if persistent comments are coming from one person respond with a sharp reply, so that they avoid in future......
    all the best
    pragati

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Kiran, u nicely told all your feelings..even if you are a SAHM, this beautiful world would comment on you and the way you raise ur kid..so dont worry..never give ears to those dirty comments.No mom can do any bad things to her kids.Moms are always the best..

what if others tells about your parenting;your sweet little pie says u r the best(that too 8 times) .so be proud to have that lovely kid...happy parenting!!

6. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Kiran.. Such a thought provoking write-up.. Surely this should create an awareness to all the parents and in laws..

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kiranavvari

Fantastic article to everyone not only homemakers but also to the working ladies. Your post was nominated by a new member of this site so thought of going through it. the way she has written about this post I think many ladies want to read it.
    It is a blow on the home makers(even I am a homemaker) but I always admire the working ladies who not only take care of they work but also they family and household work single handed.
    You are right our parents and in laws are best to us but we too are best for our kids.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kirannavvari,

Congratulations on being nominated to the FP of the month by Uttaraa!:thumbsup

This is a delightful post. I know, delightful is not how you are feeling as you reminisce about all the comments you have received as a young mother. I suppose these comments are the bane of any working mother. Little do people realize how much more committed a working mother is towards her children.

My daughter is a working mom and I can honestly state that she makes a better mother than I ever did being a stay at home mom! I am not biased because she is my daughter. The fact she is away from her kids for the better part of the day makes her use every single minute she is with them more precious and she sees to it that her children receive her attention one hundred percent.

Besides, I know this to be a fact because I too have been a working mother for a short period of time and I always planned how to entertain my daughter usefully whenever I was with her and at home. When I gave up work, after the initial euphoria, I became laid back and took motherhood as a matter of fact.

A mother is a mother, whether working or not. But the conscious effort a working mother puts forth in bringing up her children is undeniable. Instead of making snide remarks and frustrating the mother with careless advice, everyone should open up their eyes and hearts and praise the woman who is giving the best of herself to her kids.

Besides, you need not worry!:) Your daughter has already awarded you with the bestestest award by calling you the BEST MOM! :-D :thumbsup

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Awesome !! I agree to each n every word and feeling of yours !! The bestest part being, your DD claims you to be the best mother :)

10. RJMK

RJMK Silver IL'ite

I just wish my son also comes and says the same to me one day..He is just a year old now..I can very well relate to you Kiran.Wonderfuls thread..

My life in itself is a marathon now..But I am just waiting for my son to grow up...Enjoying every moment I am getting out of it. Juggling work and home is tough..But not impossible :)