1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Painting : Ceramic Painting Instructions

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by ashukrishna, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hello friends...
    like to share the steps from which i learn ceramic painting...
    here we go...
    Materials Required:
    • <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_s1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='position:absolute;left:0;text-align:left;margin-left:35pt; margin-top:0;width:75pt;height:48.75pt;z-index:1; mso-wrap-distance-left:0;mso-wrap-distance-top:0; mso-wrap-distance-right:0;mso-wrap-distance-bottom:0; mso-position-horizontal:right;mso-position-horizontal-relative:text; mso-position-vertical-relative:line' o:allowoverlap="f"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.jpg" o:title="mate1_small"/> <w:wrap type="square"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->A Plate
    • Camel texture white
    • Camel Acrylic gloss medium
    • A design
    • Carbon paper
    • Pencil
    • Oil Paints
    • Brushes
    Procedure :
    1. <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_s1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='position:absolute; left:0;text-align:left;margin-left:-27pt;margin-top:-99.8pt;width:112.5pt; height:74.25pt;z-index:2;mso-wrap-distance-left:0; mso-wrap-distance-top:0;mso-wrap-distance-right:0; mso-wrap-distance-bottom:0;mso-position-horizontal:absolute; mso-position-horizontal-relative:text;mso-position-vertical:absolute; mso-position-vertical-relative:line' o:allowoverlap="f"> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.jpg" o:title="final"/> <w:wrap type="square"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->Take the plate and clean it well.
    2. Trace the design on to the plate using a carbon paper.
    3. Give the outline of the design using a cone filled with Camel texture white.
    4. Wait till the outline dries.
    5. Now paint the design with oil paints. Choose colours according to your taste.
    6. It takes 2-3 days to dry.
    7. After drying apply camel acrylic gloss medium onto the plate. It gives a glossy finish to the painting and also helps it to last long.
    <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 225pt;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="300"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="padding: 0in; width: 100%;" width="100%">
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Your ceramic painting is ready.
    To make a cone:
    Take a thick plastic cover or sheet, roll it in the shape of a cone and stick the edges. Fill the paste inside the cone and close it sticking the ends tightly. Make a small hole with a pin at the tip of the cone. The fine paste can be squeezed out in a thin strand. This can be used to give the out line of the design in the plate
    hope this will help you
    cheers...!!!:)
    ashu

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

2. tvpallavi

tvpallavi New IL'ite

hi
    how to check the attachments that u kept
    pallavi

3. virajitha

virajitha Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot for teaching ceramic painting..

4. ashukrishna

hi friend...
    u r welcome...
    ashu

5. sarada

sarada Senior IL'ite

Hi Ashu,
    Thanks a lot for the introduction to start ceramic painting .
    Its very helpful for a beginner like me.
    Thanks for posting..
    Hope to see more of your work..
    btw.. your work is quite amazing.. Did you join any hobby class to learn?
    Cheers
    Sarada

6. ashukrishna

hi sarada..
    u r welcome n thankx a lot for ur words...
    rite 4m my childhood i have deep interest towards art n craft...
    i try to do d same pattern which i c in tv-program, books, etc also by sharing ideas ...
    thn i try to do new patterns...
    i also teach to kids near my house, it helps me learn new patterns...
    cheers..!!!:)
    ashu

7. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi ashukrishna,
    these days we have the ceramic paints available which are resistent to wash also. so one can paint the outside of ceramic cups. It lasts very well.
    vidya

8. ashukrishna

hi vidhu...
    oh ya... thanx for sharing...
    cheers...!!:)
    ashu

9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I happened to see ur post for ceramic painting, and have been wondering about camel texture white.Can it be used for tanjore paintings also, for 3d effect?I use conventional mix and would like to know more about this product.

Thank you,
    kaluputti:bowdown

10. ashukrishna

hi friend...
    well... i used oil paint(white) as the base ... this helps me in getting fine finishing, bright shades....it came out well... you can also try yaar...
    cheers...!!!:)
    ashu