Plants and its uses

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by Padmash, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

i got an idea to start a new thread where we can discuss values of plants it can be ornamental, veg, fruit or medicinal plants. One member will start one plant and give its properties whatever u know then other member can add more whatever we know, when we complete discussing one plant then anyone can start with new plant or tree. I hope u will like this. So i will start with ROSE--
    Rose--- Rose is an ornamental plant, it is used for many functions and festivals. Rose comes in variety of colors like red, blue , green, pink, yellow-----. Rose is used to make perfumes. It is used for food items too--gulkand, essence.
    Whoever likes this game pleaase continue with other characteristics of roses, what i have mentioned that is only few

bye
    padma

2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hey padma
    Its a Interesting thread!
    I use freshly cut roses to place them in the vases
    after petals dried up i will make a powder and use it as a face pack
    some times will eat them
    also heard roses belongs to apple family!

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,

thanks for joining andu liked it. we can add many more use of roses. It's dried petals are used for cooking like biryani and fresh petals are used for garnishing sweets. continue----

padma

4. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

Its intersing,i would say wht i know about rose plant

[​IMG]
    ROSE::Rose is beautiful one which almost every women like it.It also useful in many ways

1.Rose water is useful for cleaning the face,just take few petals & put them in water & leave for 1hr then use a cotton and clean the face,

2.It can be used by mixing in any face packs like multani matti,besan,etc.

3.It is also good if we eat them daily.

4.It is used in perfumes,decorations,for marriage purpose ,occasions etc.

5.Some type of roses can be used as herbal tea,jam,jelly etc.

6.It represts the different symbols like red rose for love ,white rose for innocence,yellow rose:dying love,pink rose :grace.

7.This is a popular herb for dark skin. Rose oil is a cooling agent and is excellent for tired skin. It is a good source of vitamins C and E. Rose oil has a very pleasant fragrance to it. It removes dead cells from the skin, and provides relief from burns. It slows the aging process and balances the skin's chemistry. Rose oil is used for cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and nourishing of the skin.

1 person likes this.
  5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sanju,
    thanks for joining. i think u have given most of the things about rose. Next we will move to another plant Neem.

Neem-- Neem tree is used as medicinal plant from ancient days. It's leaves are used for bathing, it's soft thin sticks are used for brushing teeth in naturopathy, neem oil is used for many bacterial anf fungal infections of skin. Its roots are boiled drunk to cure malaria.
    Still there are many things remaining about neem add ur knowledge to this.

bye
    padma

1 person likes this.
  6. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Neem oil is extracted from the seeds of the neem tree and has insecticidal and medicinal properties due to which it has been used for thousands of years in pest control, cosmetics, medicines, etc. Please see neem oil & its uses for detailed information[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Neem seed cake (residue of neem seeds after oil extraction) when used for soil amendment or added to soil, not only enriches the soil with organic matter but also lowers nitrogen losses by inhibiting nitrification. It also works as a nematicide[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Neem leaves are used to treat chickenpox and warts by directly applying to the skin in a paste form or by bathing in water with neem leaves. Nowadays toothpastes with neem extracts are also available commercially.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /> [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Neem produces pain relieving, anti-inflammatory and fever reducing compounds that can aid in the healing of cuts, burns, earaches, sprains and headaches, as well as fevers. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]:thumbsup Neem has anti-bacterial properties that help in fighting against skin infections such as acne, psoriasis, scabies, eczema, etc:thumbsup[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]<!--mstheme--><!--msimagelist-->[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]<!--mstheme--><!--msimagelist-->[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]

7. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Neem flowers are used in Ugadi Pachadi
    some neem leaves are tossed in the bucket of water then if you take bath it has cooling effect (especially used for small babies during bath)
    neem leaves paste is used for skin rashes for babies
    also neem patse balls are given in empty stmoch for degestion for kids.

Neem is deemed very effective in the treatment of scabies although only preliminary scientific proof exists which still has to be corroborated, and is recommended for those who are sensitive to permethrin , a known insecticide which might be irritant. Also, the scabies mite has yet to become resistant to neem, so in persistent cases neem has been shown to be very effective. There is also anecdotal evidence of its effectiveness in treating infestations of head lice in humans. It is also very good for treating worms (soak the branches and leaves in lukewarm water and then drink it).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Tulasi and Sanju,

thanks for joining. i think neem plat is almost discused. we aill take another one Tulasi. Anyone of u can start new plant when u feel one plant is discussed almost.
    Tulasi-- we call it as holy basil. As i know there are two varieties of Tulasi-- Rama and Krishna Tulasi. Rama tulasi leaves looks fresh green and Krishna tulasi looks purple with little green in middle of leaves. Rama tulasi is used for curing fever, cold , cough and Krishna tulasi is used for skin problems specially acne.
    Tulasi is main item for pooja, we use tulasi for all the pooja.

Hi everyone continue ahead.

padma

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

For the herbal treatment of dialysis, which is progress, they use tulasi as one of the ingredients. I heard this from a Dr. who is doing this research. He also said that, tulasi is having medicinal properties that is why they give tulasi in the temples along with water or plain, which is in practice from the time immemorial.

sriniketan

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  10. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Tulasi is used in beauty products and for cooking also

:wave