Plants and its uses

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by Padmash, Jun 17, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hibiscus ---> Used for decoration for god. Hibiscus powder is good for hair when mixed with oil or shikakai powder.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Puni,
    thanks for joining and starting about new plant.
    HIBISCUS-- Hibiscus is also called as china rose and shoe flower. It is used for pooja purpose and it has got many medicinal values. Hibiscus flower comes in many colors like red, yellow, white, purple, orange. Hibiscus flowers and leaves both are used to promote hair growth, in ayurveda hibiscus is also used to treat fertility problems.
    Waiting for some more response.

bye
    padma

3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey everybody

great thread padma, i've also heard of uses of hibiscus for good hair... i also want to ask, that what exactly is the HINDI name for hibiscus... so that i can make out what exacly is it ???

thanks
    ~ABha

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I came to know that hibiscus tea is good for health. That too only the red one. Boil the water and put off the stove and then add the petals and cover for some time. you will get red color decoction. you can add sugar to it use it.
    Hibiscus is also used to regulate the three-day 'ladies problem'.

Sriniketan

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

i would like to talk about coriander leaves......u can put in the rasam ou sambar or make chutnies.

bye

10 people like this.
  6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Abha,

Hibiscus in hindi is called as Adahul or Gudhal i am confused for the names but if u ask these two hindi names to elders they will tell. This flower is used in north india specially for Shankar ji pooja bright red in color, no smell middle one string carrying pollen grains ok i get picture i will add, sometimes we call it as china rose, shoe flower.

<TABLE id=AutoNumber6 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 height=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=753 border=0><TD vAlign=top align=left width=165 height=1 rowSpan=3><!--webbot bot="Include" i-checksum="27931" endspan --><TD vAlign=top align=left width=436 height=1 rowSpan=3>
    Hibiscus plant is one of the most famous plants of the enchanting city of Aswan.
    Aswan is in Upper Egypt and is also famous for its marvelous sight-seeing tours and monuments. The botanical name of this plant is Hibiscus Sabdariffa. Its common name is Roselle. Hibiscus plant has many varieties and is planted world-wide. There are over 100 cultivars or seed varieties of Hibiscus sabdariffa. The major commercial varieties are those grown in China, Thailand, Mexico and Africa, principally Sudan, Senegal and Mali and Egypt.
    Its Arabic name is Karkade, which is exactly like the German name. It has many medicinal uses, together with the most appealing flavor as an herbal tea.
    Hibiscus is a lovely annual flower with beautiful red flowers, commonly grown in flower gardens or indoor pots.
    The flowers are not just for scenic pleasure, but have amazing flavoring qualities. In Africa, Karkade is the name given to a delicious hibiscus punch. It is also a great contribution to the popular rosehip tea giving it a lemony flavor and lovely red color.

<TD vAlign=top align=left width=128 bgColor=#0c83cc height=41>Egyptology Articles Herbs Articles
    <TD vAlign=top align=left width=128 bgColor=#0c83cc height=1>
    [​IMG]
    Hibiscus

bye
    padma

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Coriander - it imparts a very good flavour when added to all the dishes...its also used to make chutneys and thokku...it is also referred to as cilantro in other parts of the world.....

:wave

1 person likes this.
  8. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

i wouls like to mention abt curry leaves or karuveppilai...
    it helps in promoting hair growth and good for general health.
    luv
    pavi

9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Coriander-- as its color gives cooling effect to our mind so it has got the properties it gives cooling effect to our body too. coriander is one of the ,main indian spices and flavoring agent for all veg and non veg dishes. coriander is also used as anti acne face pack with mint leaves. Those who don't like to eat green vegies can eat coriander leaves in salad or can consume in form of chutneys it gives same effect. coooooollllll. please ad some more anyone.

bye
    padma

10. Soha

Soha New IL'ite

Hi
    I would like to add some more info about ROSE
    I use rose petals for making Rose drink or sharbat.
    ~Take petals of red rose(remove anthers etc.)
    ~Wash 2-3 times
    ~Put in a big utensil and add water so as petals get soaked in it.
    ~give it a boil or two
    ~Petals will leave their color in water
    ~strain water, measure it. I do it with glasses
    ~Add sugar in it. Say u hv 3 glasses of rose water than add 2 more i.e., 5 glasses of sugar. Always add 2 more glasses of sugar than rose water.
    ~Boil it on sim gas, stirring in between for around 15 min.

~ Add 1 teaspoon of rose flavour and 1 teaspoon of edible red color
    ~Cool & Store in bottle & keep in freeze
    ~ Add water & 2 spoon of sharbat & enjoy ur drink

Its really very cool , good for scorching summers of India

Bye
    Soha