Raksha Bandhan this year

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by piyagupta, Aug 10, 2009.

1. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

Raksha Bandhan this year was a very special day for me. As it is, Raksha Bandhan is always special for a sister. But this year, I got to spend it at my Aunt’s place. I was staying at her place since the weekend and decided to stay back when I learnt that they were supposed to have a Satyanarayan Puja on the occasion of Rakhi Purnima, which was on Wednesday.

I have two cousins at that place, namely a sister and a brother, both of whom are great friends of mine. So, we started the puja and Rakhi preparations from Monday. On Tuesday evening I went out with my sister for our special Rakhi shopping.

2. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

Raksha Bandhan this year was very special for me. My only brother had completed his studies in the US and is now working there. He had missed the last couple of Raksha Bandhans.
    This year, I asked him to be present in Patna during this year’s Raksha Bandhan. That day, the door bell rang and it was my brother himself standing at the door. Needless to say, this was my best Rakhi ever!

:cheers

3. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

I was fortunate that I could tie rakhis for both my brothers this year. But it was more exciting for my little daughter Mayuri (2 and 1/2) who tied rakhis for her all her brothers (my son, my sister's son and my brother's two boys). She took the task very seriously and was thrilled when she received some presents.

Regards Neesha

4. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

First we went to the fair that had been put up specialy on the occasion of Rakhi. We went around a few stalls and took our time to choose the Rakhis for our brothers and cousins. After we had got the Rakhis we went to a Gift Shop. We selected a few gift items and cards for our brothers and cousins. From there we went to a sweet shop. We bought sweets and chocolates.

On the next day, i.e. on the day of Rakhi, we got up early, took our baths and dressed ourselves in our best clothes. Soon the brothers and cousins who were to visit, kept coming.