Old Age Homes In Kolkata

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by debjanisen, Jun 11, 2009.

1. debjanisen

debjanisen New IL'ite

Hello Girls,
    I hope you all are fine. My best friend is facing great problems. She has recently got married. She is the only daughter and she had lost her father a few years back. Her mother now stays alone and is far from her in-laws place. She cannot bring her mother to her in-laws house as her in-laws are a joint family. And nor can she visit her mother everyday. So she has thought of keeping her in some old age home. Her mother has agreed to the proposition. So friends if you know any good, well, maintained old age home near Kolkata that takes proper care of the members then please post it here.

This is very urgent.
    Will wait for the replies.
    Bye, Debjani

2. saradiawrites

saradiawrites New IL'ite

Hi, This is a great problem - I have seen my friends facing it. It is though sad to keep one’s parent in old age home but the alternatives are so less, that people are bound to that. However, there are also some cases where the parents are kept in old age homes forcibly. But anyways, there are plenty of old age homes in Kolkata, I am listing few below:

ALL BENGAL WOMEN'S UNION in 89 Elliott Road

ASHA NIKETAN in 9, Ashoke Avenue

ASSOCIATION FOR SOCIAL HEALTH IN INDIA (ASHI) in Salt Lake City

ASTARAG in P-92, Helen Keller Sarani

AUROBINDO SAMITY in 8, Shakespeare Sarani

I hope this will help your friend, please do inform me.
    Best wishes, Saradia