Should Active Sportsmen Take Part In Reality Shows

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by shreyachatterje, Jun 10, 2009.

1. shreyachatterje

shreyachatterje New IL'ite

Hello Girls,
    I am sure most of you are TV freaks like me. Let me just throw you all this question what do you think should sportsmen who are currently playing take part in dance competitions? Ya, ya, I am talking about the captain of our Indian football team. I have come across on TV that he has been suspended from the Mohanbagan club for six months, for missing practice sessions. Hmmmmmmmm…I really felt about it, I mean, Bhaichung Bhutai should not have forgotten his responsibilities, he has even won the competition and did not join the practice sessions. He should have been more responsible, he is a footballer first and that too representing Indian football. So girls what do you think about this???

Do share your opinions…
    Take care, Shreya.

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

The Indian cricket team are one of the richest sportspersons in India. They routinely take time out for advts and no one bats an eyelid.
    What is wrong if Baichung takes time out for one show. While no sportsperson should overdo this, I feel Baichung is justified in doing this show. He is a responsible footballer and I dare say his action has shifted cricket-crazy mainstream media attention on some game called football.

3. diptisengupta

diptisengupta New IL'ite

I have heard this on TV and was rather shocked to hear that he missed his practice sessions. I heard that he missed 3 practice sessions. He even missed one friendly match which was held in Siliguri because of his weekend shooting for the reality show.

There is no wrong with Bhaichung Bhutia to take part in his show, provided you can take care of your commitments, which he failed thoroughly. If he were responsible then he must not have skipped his practice sessions.

Yes, the cricketers are engaged in advts that is true as well. All the other sports of India are overshadowed by this cricket - I Agree! to you Bandana
    Keep posting…

4. aparnamukherjee

aparnamukherjee New IL'ite

Hello Shreya,
    It is definitely a personal decision whether to take part in some reality show or not. This is what I think. Of course, his decision should not affect the other commitments made by him. Bhaichung Bhutia was asked to show himself but he failed to do it within 48 hours so the club took their decision, which I think is right. His reply was dissatisfactory.

If sportsman cannot keep their commitment then it is better not to take part in the reality shows. I too have heard that Bhaichung Bhutia has skipped the practice sessions. That is really very disappointing of him.
    What say girls?
    Keep posting…
    Bye, Aparna