The Tea Festival - Blending business with pleasure

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by MayuriBordoloi, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MayuriBordoloi

MayuriBordoloi New IL'ite

The Tea Festival is held in the district of Jorhat in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Assam.</st1:place></st1:country-region><st1:country-region><st1:place></st1:place></st1:country-region> Jorhat is well-known for its extensive tea gardens, and is the nerve centre of the tea industry. Jorhat has the world famous Teklai Experimental Centre. Here research work is carried out to find new varieties of tea and also the curative effects of green tea.

The Tea Festival in Jorhat is all about tea, music and gaiety. The Tea Festival in Jorhat brings about a world of festivity with a warm and traditional cordial reception. The Jorhat Tea Festival offers an excellent package of fun and excitement. It also includes visit to the tea gardens, playing golf, safaris into the jungles, tasting delicious food items, shopping and cultural entertainment. The adventure sports on offer include angling and rafting in turbulent rivers.

The Tea Festival of Jorhat in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Assam</st1:place></st1:country-region> is a pleasant blend of a business trip and a pleasure trip. Along with the beauty and cultural diversity of <st1:country-region><st1:place>Assam</st1:place></st1:country-region>, tourists can also meet the warm hearted people of <st1:country-region><st1:place>Assam</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

Have you visited any Tea Festival? And what is your take in Assam Tea?

2. sethihardeep

sethihardeep New IL'ite

Hi! I never knew there is a Tea festival too... such a tea addict as I'm. I'm just smitten by the concept. I feel like going to Assam just because its a 'land of tea'. :)

Please tell more about the festival. Who organizes it?

3. gunjanasaikia25

gunjanasaikia25 New IL'ite

Assam, the largest producer of Tea under the initiative of Assam Tourism organises Assam Tea festival in the month of November every year. It is a unique experience being at the festival along with traditional hospitality, jungle safaris, tea garden visits, golf, local cuisine, shopping, angling, rafting in turbulent rivers and cultural extravaganza. While you are on a visit to Assam on the occasion of the Tea Festival, Guwahati Tea Auction Center (GTAC) in Guwahati the largest in India is a worth a visit.

This unique festival is celebrated every year in Jorhat. The festival is all about tea, music and merriment. You are served with various flavors of tea just under the same roof.

If you are a tea lover or a tea enthusiasts sensing business with tea, do not miss the chance of being at the Assam Tea festival.

:welcome

4. MayuriBordoloi

As we discuss tea and tea festival here in this thread, I'd like to ask my fellow ILites about their favorite tea flavor. And have you tasted Assam CTC tea? This is what is the produce of Assam. It is more of a stronger brew than the flavored yet mild Darjeeling tea. But we in Assam like it strong and hot just appropriate for the moderate climate here.

How do you like your tea to be??

5. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Hello Mayuri, I couldn't stop myself from writing here. Tea is my life...I really can't imagine life without tea. You can say my day starts and ends with tea. :coffee. Even I like a stronger brew of tea, and buy Tata tea Gold. I think that's a blend of Assam CTC and Darjeeling tea, right?

You must be lucky to live in the land of tea. I always wanted to see a tea garden. Hopefully, I'll visit Assam someday. In Gujarat, people mostly favour Masala tea. :)

Take care,
    Hetal

6. mousumidutta

mousumidutta New IL'ite

Although, I love to sip on the flavored-Darjeeling tea all through the year, Assam tea is a must in the winters for me and my family. :thumbsup

Let me share with you an amazing fact I came across lately. Did you know, Assam tea, which is now the backbone of Assam economy was initially taken to be a wild bush. Read this, to know more....

Amazing! Isn't it?

Attached Files:

7. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

I don't know such a festival exist in India. Great information. I like my tea to be strongly brewed with mild flavor.

8. MayuriBordoloi

Hi Sheshin,

Tea festivals do happen in India in and around the tea producing zones like Assam, Darjeeling to name a few. The Tea Festival in Assam hosted by Assam Tourism is a fusion of tea, music and enjoyment. It has now become quite popular amongst tea lovers around the world.

Come November, and Jorhat (in Upper Assam) where it is hosted, gets ready to play host to tea lovers who throng the festival so as to get to taste different kinds of tea under one roof. Besides, that the festival offers several wonderful opportunities: a journey through the tea gardens, a visit to the Golf course, jungle safaris, angling, river rafting and romantic River Cruises.

So, if you happen to be in Assam during the Tea festival, do participate in it. The memories of this unique festival will be long cherished.Visitors take back home several packets of tea leaves to relish the tasty tea of Assam for months together. The festival also offers an opportunity to mingle with Assamese and know their culture.

Love from Assam,

Mayuri