How to decorate kid’s room

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by bidishauroy698, Mar 19, 2009.

1. bidishauroy698

bidishauroy698 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    I will soon be shifting to my new house. And I’m running short of ideas of decorating her room. :confused2: I tell you it is tougher than decorating the rest of the house. I want to do something different on the walls and different on the ceilings, and there will be wardrobes as well. I am totally confused - I don’t know what to do.
    I hope you all will help me…please suggest me something about to go with the decoration.
    Please post ASAP.:help
    Bye,
    Bidisha

2. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

HI BIDi,
    I think i am the first to suggest you in this. I will try to attach the file where I have got the patterns for the kids room.
    Personally speaking I decorated it with their paintings, I took their foot prints (no age restriction) put it in a normal frame. Dont think of making it very refined, it should be colourful thru my experience. I always have my kids around to do their room. If you can get any baby sheets (They call it card board flim sheet) paste them inside their wordrobe. Its inexpensive & very attractive. Have 10" mattress on the floor or have a low laying cot for the kids. The room also will be looking big.
    To decorate the ceiling hang few of their toys in the hooks may be like teethers, key chain teethers which they would have got in their young age. make their hand prints in the walls in a normal way. make it a simple design. Ok rest is all your imagination.
    All the best!!!!

3. coolnabanita

coolnabanita New IL'ite

So your little angel is growing up… I somehow feel that children should be given a room for their own, it gives them a sense of responsibility of keeping their room clean and arranging everything and all. You better paint the walls with the favorite colors of your angel. As far as furniture is concerned, I think she will need a study table and a wardrobe. Mind you colors of the furniture and the design should match with the room’s painting.

But the ceiling walls should be different from the rest of the room.
    If you can give me a proper description of the room then it will be easier for me to suggest.
    I will be waiting….

4. sriparnaguha

sriparnaguha New IL'ite

Hello Bidisha,
    You have already been given some really good suggestions. The idea of framing foot and hand prints is really very touching. Anyways, you can paint whole of your kid’s room in the sea theme, underwater theme or jungle or mountain theme. I hope you are getting my point; the painting of the four walls will be of sea or jungle, with few fishes or animals here and there. It will be so painted to give your kid a feel that she is some sea or jungle. I got to see this kind of room painting in one of my friend’s house. I found it quite unique and thrilling. I hope you will like this idea.

You can try this out…
    All the Best, Sriparna

5. bidishauroy698

bidishauroy698 New IL'ite

Hello Meena, Nabanita and Sriparna,
    Thanks for giving me lovely suggestions. I have liked all of them and right now I feel like incorporating everything that you have mentioned. The idea of getting foot prints and hand prints seems to me the best of all, I will surely do this, in fact I am thinking of getting her prints from now onwards to see how much she is growing up. Would that be lovely???
    Hanging toys from the ceiling is really nice, but I have thought of making the whole ceiling the night sky, with stars and moon and all, how will that be???
    My daughter loves sea, if I follow your suggestion Sriparna, then her room will have the theme of sea, but will have to ask my hubby about it first. Hmmmm…
    Everybody thanks a ton…
    Love ya,
    Bidisha,