Tripura girl Sourabhee -1st Female Indian Idol

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by sumitadev, Mar 2, 2009.

1. sumitadev

sumitadev New IL'ite

Congratulations all Tripura baashi and Thank you India!!

Tripura girl Sourabhee DebBarma creates history. Becomes (1st Female) Indian Idol 4 and positions our Tripura and Agartala on the map of Indian Music industry
    . :thumbsup

Sourabhee was the hot favorite amongst the judges and popular amongst the 'janta' because of her melodous voice, great dancing and performing skills and bubbly attitude. She won over Kapil Thapa - 1st Runner-up (Dehradun) and Torsha Sarkar - 2nd Runner-up (W.B) in the finals.

Sourabhee had earlier very warm welcome during her homecoming to Agartala. Even the Chief Minister of Tripura had accompanied her on stage at a huge public concert and appealed to the people of Tripura to vote for Sourabhee.

And indeed today she can be as proud of her fellow people as much Tripura baashi will be happy for her.However, she has bagged the love of India and a true youth icon of the North-East
    :cheers
    Hip-Hip-Hurray

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009

2. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

Re: Tripura girl Sourabhee - Congratulations

WOW!!! This is a great achievement indeed for a little known state of our country like Tripura.

We people living in the metros get so much opportunity to flourish our talent, but it seems we are distracted in reaching our goals as we have too many things in our platter to choose from. This is where I believe small town achievers have managed to hit bang on target, as they have lesser resources but the focus to reach their Goal.

Please tell us more about Tripura. How big a place is it and is it a place where people are more inclined toward cultural activities. Because, I believe for a singer like Sourabhee's caliber to have come out from an almost unknown place is worth discussing.

And thanks for posting this thread!
    :)

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi sumitadev,

What a better way to make an entry into Indusladies than this..of sharing your joy and excitement :).... Welcome to our virtual abode .

Though I did not watch this latest edition of Indian Idol...am happy to know that a girl won it this time.

Thanx for sharing the news and the titbits here..
    Happy for you too....bye

4. sumitadev

sumitadev New IL'ite

Thanks for such a delightful response. Yes, Sourabhee has indeed transformed the fortunes of Tripura. While the whole of Agartala in particular and Tripura in general danced the night away on the streets bursting crackers and singing praises of the their own diva with the golden voice; the Tripura Assembly wasted no time in applauding the singing sensation who brought laurels for the state.

The success of Sourabhee has been a boost for the talent pool lying dormant in the entire North East. It is indeed a regeneration of Tripura's dominance in Indian Film Music from the land of the legendary maestros S.D Burman and R.D Burman who incidentally also hails from Tripura.

Here's a pic for all of you...:)

Attached Files:

5. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Hi Sumitha...
    even i used to See Indian dol regularly...I jus loved Sourabhee's voice and attitude....:)

6. Anitadutta

Anitadutta Guest

Tripura girl Sourabhee re-asserts the North East pride

Sourabhee has indeed featured Tripura in the world map, rightly proving the saying that Music has no boundaries. We in Tripura are so proud today that our culture and state is promoted and known the all over India and the world.

However, it is the love and trust people of India has bestowed on her that she has to live up to; and it'll definitely be a moral boost to the talent pool in the entire North east.

Here's a news piece that elaborates the mood of the people here. :thumbsup

7. sumitadev

sumitadev New IL'ite

Hi Friends, Have you heard the songs from Sourabhee's first album as per her contract with Sony Entertainment Television? The name of the album is Meherbaan.

She as the first female Indian Idol contest winner, releases her debut album featuring some fresh songs like Meherbaan and Hai Dua, along with re-composing some old hits like Shakalaka Baby, Zooby Zooby, Tu Rootha To and more.

Congrats to you all. You all made it possible for her. :thumbsup

Do you think she can make it big in Indian film music industry? Or is it just another shooting star of Reality TV who will be lost into oblivion?

8. MayuriBordoloi

MayuriBordoloi New IL'ite

Congrats to you too Sumita and Sourabhee of course on her first Album. The songs has been sung damn good and you know the warmth in her voice which you can say 'khanak' makes them even more audible. I personally like 'hai dua' the most.

I read in a recent interview of Sourabhee, that she has yet not got any offers from films. Its a tough-tough world out there and with reality stars been churned out by dozens in the industry in a year, you really need good backing and luck of course. Sourabhee has got the talent, and I'm sure she'll thrive in the industry.

What are your views on reality stars and their few weeks of fame?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">