Vairengte

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by shaliniku, Nov 13, 2009.

1. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

The 130 km ride from Aizawl to Vairengte is one of the most heavenly rides I have undertaken ever. The view of misty valleys against the backdrop of blue hills was celestial. Vairengte is a lovely place with lush green vegetation.

We stayed for two days there and spent most of the time in roaming in the valleys. We leisurely strolled there viewing the orchids and drinking from nature’s own cup. The variety of orchids enthralled us. The densely forested hills were picture perfect. I will always remember the warm, hospitable people of Vairengte. I witnessed nature in its spirit here which touched my heart.

2. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

Phawngpui

Phawngpui is located at a distance of 300 km from Aizawl. It is the highest peak of Mizoram and is also known as Blue Mountain. The journey to Phawngpui from Aizawl is an enchanting one through the valleys.

When we reached there we were greeted by a beautiful sight of rhododendrons and orchids. The peak has flowers of all colors which makes it a heavenly abode. It is a paradise for nature lovers as nature unfolds its beauty here graciously. We visited Thlazuang Khamm, a semi- circular cliff with a sharp fall. The cliff provides the most enchanting view of Mizoram with hazed hills and green valleys.

3. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

Aizawl

As I walked through the meandering paths lined with rhododendrons the first rays of sun kissed them. The swirls of mists that had swallowed the mountains dissipated, allowing us rare glimpses of the mountains. I felt heavenly and with heavy footsteps dragged myself to our hotel room. I felt sad that I had to leave Aizawl.

Within a few days I had fallen in love with its beautifully decorated houses lined by colorful gardens and warm people. I had taken long walks and enjoyed the virgin nature.

I had captured the soul of this quaint city. We have been to several places also like the State Museum which showcases Mizo items. It has a good collection of Mizo dresses and relics.

4. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

Aizawl

I have learnt a lot about Mizo culture from this museum. We spent one day picnicking near Tamdil Lake. It is quite far from Aizawl. It is a beautiful lake with picturesque surroundings. We enjoyed the day’s outing there. Aizawl also has a zoo, which though quite small is very popular due to the presence of rare species of animals like sun bear.

Aizawl is famous for its handicrafts also. We visited the Bara Bazaar for shopping. We bought the famous bamboo hat made from Hnathial leaves. The cane and bamboo products were exquisite. We got small mementoes for everyone back home. Aizawl is such a beautiful place that one cannot help but love it.