Tips to get non veg tasty

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by Eshware, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Eshware

Eshware New IL'ite

Hiii

Am newly married and not that much good at cooking veg and non veg so pls
    Can any one give me some tips that how to cook non veg curries very tasty..am not that much good at cooking esp non veg curries ......also pls give me some veg cooking tips too .....are there any good cooking sites to know the basics ...
    And one imp thing I need to know is when ever I grind the onions they are getting bitter in taste and spoiling the whole curry why this happening n how to avoid that bitter taste
    Friends pls help n I ll be very thankful to u all :)

2. Deepika01

Deepika01 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

The simple way is to make chicken is -
    500 gms chicken
    8-10 garlic cloves
    a small piece of ginger paste
    3 medium onions
    1 medium tomato
    half cup curd
    5-6 chillies paste
    salt
    corriander powder
    chilly powder
    turmeric 2 pinches (keep it that amnt only)
    1lemon juice
    1 onion paste

wash chicken apply chilly and ginger paste then add curd,pour the lemon juice.Wrap the the bowl and keep it for 4 hours.
    Heat the pressure cooker and add oil 3 spoon oil fry the chicken and later add the paste of onion ..all the spices and tomato puree and one fourth cup water close the cooker .stop the gas at 4 wistles.
    heat another pan and add the 4 spoon oil which should be sufficient for frying 3 medium chopped onions and then add chicekn to it and simply ..if you want to add a little more water add a cup and then let it boil and then add chopped corriander and serve hot with chapatis or rice.

hope you like it..

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You should start your own thread to support your views.This is a thread started for views on how to get tasty non veg.....ignore it if you don't support .
    You should respect others peoples choice of food ......and not resort to such passive bullying.

2 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

Op.....instead of grinding....try sautéing the onions till they are transparent and soft.
    What oil are you using?

5. yellowmango

Op are you using too much ginger ....sometimes that makes it bitter......or if the onions get burnt.

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Tip: Fry non-veg item chicken/fish/shrimp (after marinating) anything first shallow fry it in little bit of oil for 5-10 min, I follow this tip to get rid of the smell of it.

Later in another pan I fry onions, ginger and garlic paste and other ingredients and then add this non-veg items to it to make the curry/fry.