Looking for Maharastrian Meat and Veg recipes

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by Mezy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mezy

Mezy New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some non-veg and veg dishes to serve to my ILs. I've never cooked Indian food before but I really want to learn. They typically serve something along the lines of one main dish (usually potatoes), maybe one other dish (a vegetable), rice and lentils. And it is getting very boring :hide:.
    They are from Maharastra, Konkan region. Hope I spelled that right.

The problem is; a) I've never cooked Indian food, and I don't know anything about which dishes go well together, and b) my MIL is vegetarian (no eggs either), and my FIL and husband don't eat beef. So if anyone could provide some nice recipes either lamb or chicken, and some vegetarian dishes that go well together, so that everyone can enjoy. Also, some ways that I can make the dish less spicy, as I am not used to spicy foods.

Thanks! :bonk

2. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hey,

Just try Celon Chinken, it's really non spicy and goes well with chappathi or as a side dish for rice and some gravy.

Presure cook chicken in 1 whistle, saute onion, chilli, ginger garlic paste, add chicken and then salt, once the chicken is cooked add 2 eggs (for 1/2kg chicken), then pepper powder....Finally garnish with coriander leaves or season with curry leaves....you get mild spice Non Veg.

1 person likes this.
  3. blissful

blissful Bronze IL'ite

4. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have seen Maharastrian chicken gravy made with baby corn and capsicum...Just try it ...