dry chicken

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by shobanal, Oct 3, 2011.

1. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

my husband needs dry chicken fry . how to make it dry? it always become watery though i done pour water for frying. shudnt we add tomato?

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

dear shoba,
    hope my dry chicken recepie help u
    my ingredientsfor half kg chicken.
    2medium onions, snashed or grilled garlic and ginger,
    2-3 green chillies,little peper, red chilli powder, turmeric.little grilled coconut, corriender leaf for garnish.

heat the oil slaute with mustard,kadipata, chillies ,then onion ginger, garlic(fry them till they are golden) next add the small chicken pieces(cut and put the chicken pieces in hot water with turmeric and salt for few minutes . drain and keep them ready for cooking it helps in fast cooking) add little turmeric amd chilli powder(acc. to ur taste) and little pepper powder. close the lid to cook . once u get the aroma add little coconut(dont grind) and cook it in slow flame. when u feel its totally mixed with all masalas and dryed garnish with small cut corriender leaves( see to ur taste.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  3. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

will i get the chicken very dry if i do in the above said method? he says it shouldnt br watery when touched. i have tried in all manner.

4. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

hi shoba

even i am a big fan of very dry chicken curry here is it how i do it the measurement is for 500 gms of chicken

500 gms chicken 2
    2 medium sized onions
    2 green chillies
    turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
    ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tablespoon
    garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
    oil 3 tablespoons
    shan meat masala powder

heat the oil fry the onion which is chopped into smaller pieces,add green chillies which are slit, add ginger garlic paste and suate for a minute you will know when it is done with the aromatic smell,mean time wash the chicken and press hard in between your hand so that when you add to the pan the chicken wont be with excess water,keep the flame in medium high add chicken and stay focused to stir it now and then so that it wont get burned dont close the lid,if you close the lid the chicken will cook in the steam which is built due to closing the lid and release all tye water from the chicken making it a bit gravy,add turmeris salt and chilli powder according to your taste,once you reaced the stage of chicken being cooked completely,add garam masala and shan meat masala powder according to your spicy ness garnish with coriander and serve. once you are done the curry actually looks very dry the oniongravy sticking only to pieces and you can see the oil as well,

you can serve with rasam and rice or chapathi

hope this helps

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

hi shoba,
    you can try the chicken fry recipe from sailus food dot com.its turns out really well..

6. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

thanks lifeis.ajourney. Now i got the clue. It is the tomato which makes my chicken watery. i shud follow ur strategy.
    whether we shud put more oil to get the chicken cooked. (as we dont add water)
    thanks shushma

7. karankundra

karankundra New IL'ite

If you have a steamer, this is the best way to reheat any kind of meat.Heat the broth first then put the chicken in the steamer and microwave for only about 1 minute. This keeps the chicken from drying out further in the microwave. Let it sit for a couple of more minutes in the steamer,then enjoy.

8. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

chicken sukka
    ============

1. marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste and yoghurt.
    2, steam chicken( For US, its hard here... if india u dnt need to steam buy suguna)
    3, drain water and fry them oil and with garam masala half tsp spoon, 2 tsp spoon chilli powder.
    4. fry well and then add pepper powder.
    5. after removing from heat garnish with coriander.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012