butter chicken and naan

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by perl, Sep 7, 2011.

1. perl

perl New IL'ite

Can anyone please give me the recepie for yummy butter chicken and naan. Thank u

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

3. perl

perl New IL'ite

thank u RKG

4. dikshisma

dikshisma New IL'ite

hello ppl need help......... my DH is planning to go a beach party and wants me to cook some veg n non veg recipes to take along. he doesnt likes to dine out n i live with 3 more relatives of his side here. moreover this is my first outing to such a place in my marriage(i.e. two years). i m scared as well..... please help he wishes to go on this friday i. e. day after tomorrow...... thnks in advance.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello Dikshisma...

Sorry dear, I saw your post pretty late. I do hope you had a good beach party. Nevertheless, I still decided to share a few easy eatables that you can prepare for your next outing.

Dry chicken kebabs - you can marinate them overnite in curd, ginger-garli etc and tandoori masala. Just before you leave,either pan fry them or grill them. Tastes good even when cold.

You could also make chicken rolls with the same chicken kebabs. Make small chapatis the previous day. In the morning, roll the chapatis with chiken kebabs, lettuce, onions and also if you spread some green chutney on the chapatis before placing the filling, it will be more delicious.

Boil chicken. Shred the boiled chicken. Now mix the shredded chicken,finely chopped onions, grated carrots, some grated cheese, coriander leaves chopped or any extras that you want with some mayonaise. Spread on bread slices and you will have lovely but filling sandwiches. You can even used boiled mashed egg instead of chicken.

As for vegetarian.....any variety rice is yummy even when eaten cold.

Chutney sandwiches are a delight.

Fried applams, poppadums go well instead of packaged potato chips.

You can take methi theplas, khakras or even mathries. These can be prepared the previous day also.

What did you prepare? Do share so that I could make that the next time we plan a pot-luck outing with our friends....

1 person likes this.
  6. karankundra

karankundra New IL'ite

Ingredients:
    1/4 pint/150ml natural yogurt
    2 ounces/50g ground almonds
    1 1/2 tsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp crushed bay leaves
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp garam masala
    4 green cardamom pods
    1 tsp ginger pulp
    1 tsp garlic pulp
    14 ounce/400g can tomatoes
    1 1/4 tsp salt
    2 pounds/1kg chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
    3 ounces/75g butter
    1 tbsp corn oil
    2 medium onions, sliced
    2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
    4 tbsp cream

How to make butter chicken :

* Place the yogurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly.
    * Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yogurt mixture.
    * Set aside. Melt together the butter and oil in a medium karahi, wok or frying pan. Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7 to 10 minutes.
    * Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well. Pour over the cream and stir in well. Bring to the boil. Garnish the indian butter chicken with the remaining chopped coriander to serve the chicken curry.