Chicken biryani receipe

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by diyadevi, Nov 22, 2010.

1. diyadevi

diyadevi New IL'ite

Hi

For so many years i have been trying to find the exact chicken biryani receipe, like how muslims prepare.But i failed in finding the exact receipe.:bonk. Can someone tell me the exact receipe like how muslims prepare?
    Please .......... :cheers. Since i love chicken biryani i wanted to do it myself. Please help me with this..........:hide:. I will not forget the one who helps me with this . :bowdown

2. nisha75

nisha75 Senior IL'ite

Hi Diya.

Now only i came back to Riyadh, after I settled properly Insha Allah! I will post chicken biriyani receipe soon....:) don't worry.......:cheers

Regards
    Taj Nisha

3. nisha75

nisha75 Senior IL'ite

Hi Diya.

Now only i came back to Riyadh, after I settled properly Insha Allah! I will post chicken biriyani receipe soon....:) don't worry.......:cheers

Regards

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Hi Diya
    here i give you the simple &easy method of making chicken briyani.

Ingredients

basmathi rice 1cup
    chicken pieces 250 gms.
    green chillies 4
    redchillies 2
    gingerpaste 1/2 tsp.
    garlicpaste 1/2 tsp.
    cashewnut 10 nos.
    cardamom 3
    cloves 3
    cinnamon 2
    onion big 1
    ghee 1tasp.
    mint leaves 1 punch
    salt to taste
    karam masalapowder 1/2 tsp.
    thick curd 1tasp.
    water one and a half cup
    method

wash rice and keep it in a bowl.cut onion into long& thin slice and split two green chilly into two.grind remaining 2 greenchillies,red chilly with water.grind cashewnut into fine coarse.cut chicken into big pieces.

keep the cooker on the stove with ghee.when ghee is heated add
    cloves,cardamom cinnamon , onion ,splited greenchillyand saute well.then add the grinded masala,gingergarlic paste ,cashewnut paste and stir still the ghee oozes out.now add chicken pieces with curd and 1/4tsp.salt and stir for 4 or 5 min. then add rice ,water and salt with this mixture and mix well.close the cooker with the lid and and allow 2 whistles .after steam settled open and garnish with mint leaves.now chicken briyani is ready to eat.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Easy recipe..Will try it out sure:)

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

7. Gurudevi20

Gurudevi20 New IL'ite

Hi periamma

Thanks for your receipe.:bowdown...I am diyadevi...i forgot the password of the previous one...and i got married....that was the reason, so many days i didnt use indus ladies....but :hide: , i tried even this one, which you have posted...the smell and taste itself differs from the one muslims prepare... have you tried getting
    biryani in muslim shops...the smell is entirely different...near my house one muslim aunty is there..she knows the secret , but she never reveals u know...am tired, getting this receipe.....

Nisha, i think you settled in riyadh..... can you help me with this....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  8. dreamer21

dreamer21 New IL'ite

sounds very delicious. shud try it out soon tks for sharing

9. vijaisri15

vijaisri15 Junior IL'ite

Hi Periamma,

Thank u for the receipe. Am gonna try it this week end... hope fully it comes out gud............ thanks dear for the receipeeeeeeee

10. karankundra

karankundra New IL'ite

Hiiiiiiii
    Try this one

INGREDIENTS:-
    4 tablespoons vegetable oil
    4 small potatoes, peeled and halved
    2 large onions, finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
    2 tablespoons plain yogurt
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
    1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
    1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
    3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken pieces cut into chunks

2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 large onion, diced
    1 pinch powdered saffron
    5 pods cardamom
    3 whole cloves
    1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 pound basmati rice
    4 cups chicken stock
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    DIRECTIONS
    In a large skillet, in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or ghee) fry potatoes until brown, drain and reserve the potatoes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion is soft and golden. Add chili, pepper, turmeric, cumin, salt and the tomatoes. Fry, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, mint, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are cooked to a pulp. It may be necessary to add a little hot water if the mixture becomes too dry and starts to stick to the pan.
    When the mixture is thick and smooth, add the chicken pieces and stir well to coat them with the spice mixture. Cover and cook over very low heat until the chicken is tender, approximately 35 to 45 minutes. There should only be a little very thick gravy left when chicken is finished cooking. If necessary cook uncovered for a few minutes to reduce the gravy.
    Wash rice well and drain in colander for at least 30 minutes.
    In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil (or ghee) and fry the onions until they are golden. Add saffron, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger and rice. Stir continuously until the rice is coated with the spices.
    In a medium-size pot, heat the chicken stock and salt. When the mixture is hot pour it over the rice and stir well. Add the chicken mixture and the potatoes; gently mix them into the rice. Bring to boil. Cover the saucepan tightly, turn heat to very low and steam for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid or stir while cooking. Spoon biryani onto a warm serving dish.