Indian woman's sarcastic marriage profile gets serious proposals!!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by g3sudha, Mar 5, 2015.

1. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

sindmani likes this.

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I don't really see any sarcasm in her profile.

She stated what she wants and guys will definitely throng, considering the male-female ratio of this male-boy obsessed country- for about 110 guys there's 98 girls around, and future is bleak for the male kids.

sindmani likes this.
  3. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

ya, I read about this from newspapers, and her site mentions-----

Extra points to the one who hates kids

:O

4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Interesting.. dont know if its real or stunt, but the profile is honest and true... I dont see any sarcasm...

sindmani likes this.
  5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I thought it was pretty clever until I read her blog, in which she explains all this frenzy surrounding her blog and felt that she was suffering from some kind of superiority complex, I-am-too-good-for-you attitude... not that it is wrong. But what kinda left me baffled was the stuff she thinks makes her cool, like this -

"While conversing, someone even tested me if I had really understood the Interstellar movie, when I said I loved it too. Can't blame him, because I neither have met any woman who said she liked the movie, nor did many actually "get it". Funny, but solved the purpose. He now knows that I actually "get it". "

So, she understood Interstellar.... what is the big frikkin' deal about it?

3 people like this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Good that she has listed her needs/choice black and white......but why in public????Looks like little "Attention Seeking"

nb25 likes this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

mmm..something is too shallow there..not quite impressive at least to me.

2 people like this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I think you have been out of India for too long... and probably forgotten the fake, 'always agree with the guy ( or whoever is speaking) whether you understand what is being discussed or not', the 'anxiety to appear clued in, with it, in with the latest movies or latest craze -->random western things which translate to intelligent even though clueless about whatever is being discussed', the rampant outright lying to conceal the same, the 'anxious to appear intelligent, intellectual blah blah' culture.

The big deal is that this girl is honest and means what she says and says what she means. She actually saw the damn movie and loved it instead of pretending she had seen it when she hadnt and then lying to the guy that she loved it (to agree with him). Yes this happens. That is why the guy tested her.

Btw, nice to see you here, @peartree.

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Just when I figured out how to group message in whatsapp, another new concept or term comes out. Her website says "Catalyst in a startup" I don't know what is a Catalyst.

The kid is enjoying the freedom and power of the internet and social media. Having her 15 minutes of fame. Cute.

Only thing is that such drama from a man wouldn't look as cute. Say a guy starts a similar website and writes:

More info- I'm not a gambler. An eggitarian, not a foodie. I play cricket, sing and am pretty good at salsa. I wear glasses and look dorky in them. Not a spendthrift or a shopaholic. Detest masala & drama, not a TV fan. I don't read. Friendly but I don't prefer friendship. NOT a manly man. Definitely not marriage material. I come with a life-long guarantee and I commit for life.

Looking for: A woman, preferably long-haired, who waxes her arms and legs regularly and is passionate about being a homemaker. Someone who prides her homemaking skills and does NOT hate the title of housewife. Must be flexible with my parents, also means, it's better if not too attached to her family. Extra points to the one who can be quiet for atleast 30 minutes.

If you think you qualify, I recommend you re-think. If you are sure, I suggest you show this website to your parents. If you're still sure, try imagining a life with someone like me.

Unsure? click the 'X' and get back to what you were doing.

I like her name. Hearing it after many years.

4 people like this.
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm.... I don't understand what my time being out of India has to do with people making the effort to appear intelligent. I have seen plenty of that here in the US, in my workplace. Heck, I do it too at my team meetings sometimes. I would have no clue on what's being discussed, but vigorous doodling on my notepad seem to give everyone the idea that I am listening and understanding.

Sure, she is honest... and it is pretty weird that a guy tested her on that! What I found to be in poor taste was in someway implying that women don't like interstellar or that people understanding interstellar are in some way special.

BTW, I think most girls these days marry with quite a lot of clarity about what they want and what they expect, only they don't choose to do that via a blog!

Likewise! friendssmiley