The power of 49: whom are you going to vote for?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by nemesis, Mar 21, 2014.

Indusladies votes for:

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Congress

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. BJP

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. AAP

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Any other(third front)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 49(0): None of the above.

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

The power of 49!

No, i did not mean the newly introduced 'my vote is for the none of the above' option in the oncoming general elections 2014!

It is the power of 49% of the voters in the country; the vote of the women voters!

A brief intro about the parties:

The congress: The oldest party in the fray; has ruled this country for the maximum number of years; has many stalwarts and has given a lot of political stability to this country.

It is credited with populist measures like NREGA and Food security bill; but is bogged down by a spate of corruption charges.

A widely perceived incumbency wave is prevalent throughout the country, as evident from popular magazine/news channel surveys.

Rahul Gandhi is trying to unfetter the party's image as one that is smacked of corruption charges into a party for the youth generation. He is the PM-in-waiting; hasn't been declared as the candidate officially though.

The BJP: It has it's roots in the Bharat Jan Sangh of yore and has gradually occupied the opposition space. Although it is perceived as a religious right wing organization, the current PM candidate from BJP, Narendra Modi, is fighting the poll on a development plank. He is more popular in the internet for his authoritative and industry friendly CM image.

His handling of the 2002 riots is constantly reminded by the detractors.

AAP: An anti-corruption movement that tasted political power in the recent Delhi State elections. Young, energetic and straightforward, this party and it's members have a certain element of transparency as they give the list of donors to the party fund on their website.

Their inexperience in governance is their Achilles's heal as evident from their fumbling with Delhi state.

The others: These are the BSP(Mayawati), SP(Mulayam), ADMK, DMK, Jagan(AP), TDP(Naidu), Communists(Kerala & West Bengal), etc. etc.

Generally, they either join either the Congress front or the BJP front, and in some cases, remain aloof.

.............................................................................................................

So, IL'ites, confining with the democratic traditions of this country, i am going to keep this poll results anonymous. But in case you want to reason out why you want to choose a particular candidate/party, feel free to use this thread for that purpose.

It is estimated that 30,000 crore rupees of our hard earned tax money is going to be spent for conducting the general elections; and the least we want is a stable 5 year government so as to not give rise to another expenditure.

Cheers & Thanks for participating in this mini-exercise before voting in the actual poll day!

8 people like this.

2. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hai Nemesis,
    Nice thread.As you said we all need to keep in mind of India for next 5yrs.My vote is for Opposition it is not because I hate congress or as mentioned BJP is a " religious right wing organization" but only because I trust a change is must needed for the central ,if not in 5yrs atleast in 10yrs.It is high time ideas to get refreshed.Not for AAP this time "If he feels to quit a day! India must be wasting tax money again and again!

6 people like this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.
  4. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

[h=1]Jagan Mohan Reddy(AP) is worth Rs 16,97,335 crore..[/h]He was small time Power related projects contractor in bangalore ,when met in 2005. His father was 5 yrs CM and the amused amount of properties in bangalore. 75+ rooms worth of 400 CR in yelenhaka...

If we give next 5 yrs CM, entire AP can be looted... I dont know how the educated fools like us can vote for him?. Waht ever others say, next CM will be jagan for next 5 yrs...Thats The democracy we have..

source :
    Jagan Mohan Reddy is worth Rs 16,97,335 crore: TDP - Indian Express

4 people like this.
  5. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

I won't be voting because I am not an Indian resident. If I could vote, I wouldn't vote for a right wing political party. I am not a fan of congress, change is needed but don't believe that BJP is the answer.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

But, If we dont vote for any party , President rule will be imposed, which is predominantly run by congress(as of now). He is just rubber stamp of congress now. He is core Congress person, who commited his life.

At least, lets give a chance to NamO....and see the difference. Why we always want to depends on Antonia edvige albaina Manio( Sonia gandhi passport name) madamji?. Dont we have real leaders in cogress?. Pranab is the right candidate for PM from congress.....

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    5 people like this.
  7. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

10000% agree...We want change.
    Delhi people gave power to AAP. He quit for his own political camping and roaming with his brooms.

Lets Vote for NaMo to change the difference. Not just 50%, but at least 66% majority because of Jumping monekys.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Sonias, Robert Vadras and Rahul Gandhi's of this country has perfected the art of enjoying power without any responsibility.

Senior Congress leader, Manmohan Singh is now the scape goat for all corruption issues and Rahul goes about preaching as if he has nothing to do with the past 10 years of governance!

Next in line is Pranab da, but as you said, he was neatly sidelined by making him the President.

2 people like this.
  9. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hai Vemala,
    Want to see if Modi could raise money value as said he would make the diff 25 within 5yrs.And the changes he had brought at gujarat: diff roads,wonder the vadodara bus station,solar electricity etc etc....My vote is for him..As you said he must be winning the majority.Why do we make let play the inappropriate!

3 people like this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I wanted AAp to rule for atleast a few months to show us what they can do...didn't expect much....just show that you can run a govt. Instead they chose to become perennial protesters. Very disappointed in their disregard for the people's vote. Let them rule a state first without creating constant chaos...then they can ask for my vote.

I am sick of this family taking this country for granted. They assume a moron,less than intelligent man who in his 40s has never held any kind of job, is fit to rule this country. How dare they !!!!

There is not much choice left ...so BJP it will be . I wish there was a better choice.

2 people like this.