OMG IT HAPPENED IN INDIA ---- The NEWS that makes us shocked

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by VaniVyas, Mar 4, 2014.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

We discuss in IL about beauty, fashion, weight loss, relationships etc anything under the roof which Indian ladies like to share and discuss about.

In this thread i want everyone to share those news which shook us.

India, our motherland which made us proud in our History and geography classes has made a huge leap now. Not only in becoming a booming economy but a country of terrorists and terrific acts.
    Such events that happen in India really give us an electric shook in the morning. I am a person who loves to sip the morning tea and read the newspaper at a glance. But I must say the news is hotter than the tea always. These days it is leaving a deep scar in my mind and it takes some time to tide over whatever I had read. I feel scared to know these things are happening around. Earlier I used to be happy that we are not leaving in Afghanistan or Iran. Sometimes I did feel that, thank God my ancestors did not opt to go to Pakistan or Bangladesh after the partition.
    But I started realizing India is no better than these countries. Day by day it is becoming more and more difficult for middle class people to survive here in my motherland. I am not saying all states are like that but many of them are Turing out to be nightmares for many.
    In this thread I would invite people to share those things that gave u a shock to read about India and left a scar in us.

sindmani and shantana like this.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

You are more likely to die in a bomb blast in India than in Afghanistan. Strange as it may sound, government data show that India is among the most dangerous places in the world as far as bomb blasts per year are concerned - next only to Iraq and Pakistan, with even war-torn Afghanistan and Syria doing better.

Latest data from National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC) show that India suffered 212 bomb blasts in 2013 — more than double of what Afghanistan (with 108 blasts) suffered. Facing internal strife, Bangladesh with 75 blasts and Syria with 36 blasts have done better.

While the number of blasts in India decreased from 241 in 2012 to 212 in 2013, casualties went up with 130 deaths and 466 injuries last year as compared to 113 deaths and 419 injuries in 2012.

Analyzing the frequency of IED blasts in the country over the past decade, the document says between 2004 and 2013 "there have been an average of 298 blasts and 1,337 casualties in India". This is again higher than Afghanistan which in the past five years witnessed a maximum of 209 such attacks in 2010, according to the data.

In fact, along with Pakistan and Iraq, India accounts for almost 75% of bomb blasts in the world. However, India has done slightly better than the rest of the world in terms of the share of attacks targeted at common public. While in the rest of the world, 69% of attacks are directed towards public, India registered 58% in this category with the rest being targeted at the security forces and government property.

1 person likes this.
  3. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Lets not forget about road accidents.. Nealy 1.5 lakh people die in accidents in India accounting for more than 1/10th of world's total deaths due to traffic accidents.. Trains, buses, planes you name it, every mode of transport is unsafe.. No one cares, its "chalta hai" attitude..

2 people like this.
  4. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

No safety for women/girl child.24/7 and 365 days security is becoming mandatory in current situation

sindmani likes this.
  5. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

How the disabled are treated here in India shocks me. We just have to talk to any parent of a special child to understand the pain they face everyday. It is so disheartening to read in the papers of how disabled people are ill treated in airports. Its surprising that people can sometimes be insensitive to others around.

Lack of apathy on Governments' part is shocking too. These people don't need our sympathy. They just want to be included, not stared at. They need our support friendssmiley They too have the right to live a decent, respectable life.

sindmani and VaniVyas like this.
  6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

61-year-old Indian national has been arrested in the US on charges of sexually assaulting a fellow woman passenger aboard a domestic flight.Devender Singh, who lives in Baton Rouge, was arrested on Sunday by the FBI after the plane arrived in Newark. He appeared in New Jersey Court yesterday to face a complaint charging him with one count of abusive sexual contact.
    While the plane was in the air, the woman fell asleep. Prosecutors said Singh allegedly kissed her face and sexually assaulted her while she was sleeping. "After pushing Singh off of her and telling him to get away, the woman went to the back of the plane and told a flight crew member what had happened, asking that the police be present when the plane landed," federal prosecutors said.

sindmani likes this.
  7. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

any news i hear related to child sexual abuse.. especially committed by close relatives including fathers !!

8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

In 97 per cent of the rape cases reported this year,the crime was committed by a person known to the victim,police data reveals. In 40 per cent cases,the crime was committed by a family member or neighbour,data shows.This year,1,559 cases of rape were reported against 680 in 2012.
    According to police data,in 33 cases the father was named as accused and,in 31 cases,an uncle of the victim was the accused.
    In 585 cases,or 37.52 per cent of the total cases,the accused was either a friend or lover of the victim. A neighbour was the accused in 348 cases. In 40 cases,an employer or co-worker was named as the accused.
    In 23 cases,husbands or former husbands of the victims were charged with rape. In 51 cases,the brother-in-law of the victim was the accused.
    In 261 cases,the victim
    alleged rape after eloping with her boyfriend. In 28 cases,women in live-in relationships went to police,accusing their partners of rape.
    Of the 1,559 cases reported this year,police said they had solved 90 per cent of the cases (1,398) with the arrest of 1,711 people. Of those arrested,1,704 are first-time offenders and six have previous cases of rape against them. Of the 1,711 accused,1,437 are residents of Delhi.
    As many as 30 rape cases took place in vehicles.
    RELATIONSHIP WITH VICTIM
    Cases Accused
    33 Father
    23 Ex-husband/husband
    585 Boyfriend
    5 Brother
    9 Stepfather
    31 Uncle
    51 Brother-in-law
    348 Neighbour
    7 Father-in-law
    11 Cousin
    2 Step-son
    29 Other family member/friend
    34 Landlord
    40 Employer/co-worker
    9 Tenant
    3 Instructor/tutor/principal
    3 Help

9. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

The world is no longer a peaceful place to live.

10. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Ya true....

Many ladies have lost the habit of reading newspapers due to work loads. I want to create awareness in all.
    Also its high time men take ladies for granted. We have to raise our voice loudly against all this kind of men and society alike. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY MORE SUCH ISSUES IN INDIA.

sindmani and kooru like this.